PDA

View Full Version : Audio issues VT4

Lebowski
12-16-2004, 10:18 AM
I'm having trouble keeping the audio stable in VT4. I'll be editing for a while with no problem and then BAM...nothing. I have no way of knowing what causes it, but after a reboot with powerdown, it comes back, but only temporarily. It WILL go out again. Anyone else experiencing this? Any solution?

Scott Bates
12-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Request the "beta drivers" from NewTek that have been emailed to some of us who have posted similar comments. Rumor was that there would be a patch coming out soon that would include them, but don't know if it's any more than just that, a rumor....

Terrence
12-16-2004, 02:32 PM
I got this porblem also, its a pain in the rear to have to reboot everytime just to get audio, im glad i am not in a live enviorment or i would go nuts.

Lebowski
12-16-2004, 03:20 PM
You know thats the truth!

Paul Lara
12-16-2004, 04:40 PM
If you will e-mail me ([email protected]) I can send you the revised VT[4] drivers that have squashed this bug.

:D

fingers
12-16-2004, 07:05 PM
Are these updates newer than my Vt4 Build: 5432 ????

Scott Bates
12-16-2004, 09:17 PM
Since the original build of VT[4] has been the only thing released, anything later than that (like these rewritten drivers) is newer than the original build. The beta drivers Paul sent me 2-3 weeks ago solved all my audio problems and apparently they've been finalized and will be included in the VT[4] patch coming out next week. Paul made the offer, don't turn him down. ;)

ted
12-17-2004, 11:27 AM
I had this problem with VT4 also. I spent about 3 days with Kevin and Pat from NewTek tracking it down. For some reason, a small number of systems would send an interrupt and kill the audio.

Through diligence and perseverance, Pat and Kevin found the problem and had a fix the next morning. I haven't had the problem since.
I'm sure the fix for us "LUCKY" few will be in the next build. But I would get the fix from NewTek and make sure that's your problem.

Terrence
12-18-2004, 07:44 PM
thank you Ted Pual Pat and Kevin, im looking forward to great audio.