PDA

View Full Version : "Barn" Composting project (movie and stills)

antwik-2
12-16-2004, 08:05 AM
Hi!
Im here with a new project. This was a very fast done project. I made it over just a few days. Including -filming on green screen, modelling texturing and rendering 3d scenes + compositing.

This was also a test to see if NormJ lovley rope plugin could be used in a feature film.
For the compositing i used digital fusion that works very good with lightwave and fprime.

But fprime need to be able to export not just alpha channel but also z channel!
I hope they fix that.

Thanks to NormJ for letting me beta test the rope plugin.

Here is som stills.

http://www.antonw.com/jpgcopys/greenscreencollage.jpg

And here is the movie. (13mb)

http://www.antonw.com/jpgcopys/barncomp2.mov

Marry Christmas evryone!

spec24
12-16-2004, 10:44 AM
Awesome! I really love your snow (the falling snow)- how did you make it?

antwik-2
12-16-2004, 11:47 AM
Im glad you like it!
I made the particle snow effect in digitalfusion.
It got a very good support for that kind of effects.

I used a noise/snow still image that i just animated on top of the barn exterior.
And on top of that i hade som particle with turbulence fields.

Seademon
12-16-2004, 03:15 PM
Its very nice, i might point out though on the exterior shot (this is nothing to do with modeling) there is the sound of a strong wind blowing yet the snow is falling very gently, not the best first impression ;) . Another thing that struck me was the straw on the floor looked very flat. I know this is the finnished thread but i had to point them out. Compositioning is insipring though.

-Andrew

Silkrooster
12-16-2004, 08:30 PM
I didn't even notice the hay until you mentioned it. Maybe it could be fudged a little using saslight. Actually the hay looks kind of low res. Other than that I love it.
Silk

julos
12-16-2004, 11:30 PM
impressive ! it's nice to see before and after pictures, I'm always impressed with photorealism.

riki
12-17-2004, 01:48 AM
The stills look good. I can see a bit of blurring on the floor though.

antwik-2
12-17-2004, 03:17 AM
Thanks!, Ya i had some problem with the ground. It even look flat and blurry on the photo. And when i added a bump to the 3d floor i got do crispy and didnt look like the photo. Im not sure what to do about that.

And ya hehe the sound dosent fit very good, Hard to find snowing sounds.

btw, Nice website you got julos!

Tyler007
12-21-2004, 12:58 PM
Very nice blending of the real set to the 3d environment. What software are you using for the composite?

antwik-2
12-23-2004, 08:31 AM
I used digital fusion, its very nice. works great with the alpha you get from the lightwave renders.

cc3d
12-23-2004, 01:11 PM
.............why call it compost? :) :eek: