PDA

View Full Version : rain gutter around hexagon

monfoodoo
12-15-2004, 11:00 PM
is there a way to run a gutter around a 6 sided roof,without lining up 6 differant gutter sections and welding together? scott

Silkrooster
12-16-2004, 12:28 AM
Well the attached image maybe overly simplistic, but it might give you some ideas.
I create a six sided disc, welded the top points to make it a pointed roof, then selected the bottom points and used extender, then used size, then extender again, and finally move. For this image I just turned on double sided polys. but what you may want to do is use smooth shift and give the gutter some thickness.
Silk

monfoodoo
12-16-2004, 12:54 AM
see pic.the wall angles are 120 degrees. i ended sectioning up 3 gutters and knifed the angles ,then welding,then mirror.i thought there could be an easier way.scott.(beginning of Marylands Thomas Point Lighthouse) scott

colkai
12-16-2004, 02:43 AM
For me, I'd take the end loop points from the roof, make a poly then just bevel to get the base shape. If I wanted a more "rounded" corner section where each 'face' meets, I'd just knife and edit the points.

Have attached an object I whipped up - each layer name is a brief as to what I did.
Hope you find it useful.

monfoodoo
12-16-2004, 07:16 AM
Thanks,never thought of that.thanks,both of you for the reply.scott