PDA

View Full Version : HyperVoxel Shadows wont die

twister47
12-15-2004, 08:00 PM
I have a large hypervoxel cloud that has increasing density and luminousity to wash out the scene for a few seconds. My problem is that after it renders there are a ton of shadows all over it. On the object that has the emmiter I excluded all lights, made it unseen by rays, turned off self shadow, turned off cast shadow, and turned off receive shadow.

So I dont understand why there are any shadows. The VIPER window doesnt show shadows. So I'm pretty clueless as to whats causing that.

Anyone have an idea?

EDIT: Okay I found in the manual it says that HyperVoxels do not have access to lightning information so that even if recieve shadow is unchecked, it still will recieve it. Anyone know a work-around?

exit6
12-17-2004, 09:37 PM
Why not render two scenes, one with the vox and one without, then composite them together in post? That's why god invented after effects!

twister47
12-17-2004, 09:50 PM
Hey, sorry, I didnt post after I solved it, but what I did was just clone the main light in my scene, and excluded the logo from the light, so that the light just passed through it, and viola, no shadows.