PDA

View Full Version : Im new!

32Degrees
12-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Hi Im 32Degrees Just wanted to introduce myself I am 14 and have been working with lightwave for about 6 months I have lightwave 7 I can do basic stuff like i know where every thing is in the layout and i can do some basic animation but I have had alot of trouble with my walk cycles :( so basically i am a newb but not a super newb right? :confused:

ted
12-15-2004, 04:45 PM
Welcome. You are kinda old to start playing with LightWave. ;)
Just kidding. Keep having fun with it and you'll be making a decent living doing what you love to do. That's what life should be about.

Silkrooster
12-15-2004, 10:56 PM
Welcome aboard
Well if you have any questions you certainly found the right place. Heck, you have 3 or 4 years to have to worry about making a living, that is about the time it takes to go through collage. It is amazing what you can learn in that amount of time.
I recommend that you get a few good books, you can learn so much quicker. Try Inside lightwave 7 and 8. Both books will teach you about modeling and animation. Plus the ver 8 book will show you some of things that ver 8 of lightwave can do if you get the chance to upgrade. You might want to think about putting a list of books on your Christmas list. Then your family will know what to get you, for learning Lightwave.
Just don't foget to have fun while your learning.
Silk

kurv
12-16-2004, 07:27 AM
Ted, Wordware and KURV studios are running Christmas specials, do a search here. Wordware is offering 50% off there books and KURV is offering 20 % off.

There are also a lot of free training videos offered at KURV studios as well. www.kurvstudios.com

Good luck!!

ThriJ
12-16-2004, 06:29 PM
Hey welcome aboard 32Degrees!

Starting out early always gives you an advantage. I did not get my copy of LightWave till I was 15 and way past my prime. :D

You may already know, but I’ll tell you anyway. You can upgrade all the way up to LightWave 7.5d for free.

Whichever way you branch off with film, television, video games, pre-visualization, or design 3d graphics is an extraordinary profession.

32Degrees
12-16-2004, 09:21 PM
Thank you for welcoming me to the forums I did not know I could upgrade to lightwave 7.5 for free where can I get the upgrade? :cool: :)

Silkrooster
12-16-2004, 11:31 PM
Just click on this link http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/downloads/updates/win/index.html
Silk