PDA

View Full Version : Peugeot Tabac

sidious
12-15-2004, 02:34 AM
Evening all,
My entry for this years Peugeot design competition.

:)

caesar
12-15-2004, 07:12 AM
Very good design. The car looks futuristic.

pixeltek
12-15-2004, 08:20 PM
Very nice design. However, this is for a competition, right? You should not have skimped with your smoothing.

While the design itself is interesting, I see too many corners wherever there are radii shown. I think that that will be held against you, especially in a competition. Any way to correct that at this time? I think that to do the fine model justice, you should do what you can to take care of that detail for a more professional presentation. Of course, this is just my opinion.

pixeltek
http://www.cosmic-pearl.com/

julos
12-16-2004, 11:38 PM
Great idea !!!
However I have two little crits :
- I'm not sure the design goes with the Peugeot "spirit".
- The name Tabac won't please the chiefs... nowadays public authorities are not so kind with the promotion of tobacco, so I guess the Peugeot staff won't like the name.

Anyway, good work, I like the general exagerations.

sidious
12-19-2004, 08:46 AM
Hello,
thanks to those who have taken the time to post comments.

Ceaser, thanks.

pixeltek, Thanks

I see too many corners wherever there are radii shown
yeah your right, the model got difficult to work with & I had to compromise somewhere but your right. Its to late to fix this for the comp but I have since fixed it for myself.

julos, Thanks

public authorities are not so kind with the promotion of tobacco
Tabac is actually a name of a corner on the Monaco F1 track. Im hoping Peugeot people will get this, & I did express this with my entry.

Nik

adrian
12-19-2004, 06:22 PM
Nice modelling and rendering. Not sure about the design though... can't really see myself driving that down the high street :)

Adrian.