PDA

View Full Version : A couple of minor issues

js33
12-13-2004, 04:14 PM
Hi all,

How come when you save a scene or object now you have to manually append the .lws or .lwo? We didn't used to have to do this before 8.

Also if you are using a Vol Light and uncheck the Vol light temporarily to do a render without it then when you click it back on all your settings are lost. Has it always been this way?

Also in the new scene editor when you want to turn on or off alot of different elements you always get this confirmation box. Is there a way to not have to click 3 times when one should do? I would rather just click the checkbox on or off and let that be the final decision.

Cheers,
JS

animotion
12-14-2004, 12:31 AM
I am not having these problems on my system. it sounds like some kind of system config issue. :o

spec24
12-14-2004, 06:48 AM
I don't recall if I have hese problems but in older versions of LW on my system I never got the *.lws when I saved unless I added it manually. What I noticed with 8 though is the fact that when I load a scene file and I set it to show ALL FILES it doesn't. I had to go into my folders and rename all scence files and add the .lws manually, then they would show. For a while I thought I was missing all my scene files. More sloppy coding.

animotion
12-14-2004, 10:48 AM
I just did a quick test to see if LW will automatically append the correct extensions to the file names and it does. I also checked to see if show all files actually shows all files and that works properly also.

Again I think it may be a problem with your system configuration.
:o