PDA

View Full Version : animation beginner - help is appreciated

jat
12-13-2004, 09:45 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows of good tuts that go through actually animating a character and maybe simple and effective rigging as well. I've been looking around and haven't found something at my level. I am using LW 6.5 so I don't have all the latest and greatest. Also if there's anyone interested in giving me some pointers (and maybe walking me through it) about my setup I'd appreciate it. I'll post my file if anyone's interested.

My recent experiences have been getting IK chains that go mental when moved. Having root bones that don't move the character but move themselves out of the character etc - also can't select bones in the main window. I guess what I'm asking is when animating in LW for characters do people usually move only goals and bones and/or even root objects as well?

I'm currently reading Inside LW6.5 - but it doesn't go beyond the actual setup rigging.When things go wrong I have no idea why.

Thanks much

Jat

:confused:

hrgiger
12-13-2004, 10:05 AM
Well, for starters, here is a good thread on IK tips going over at spinquad...

http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4314

spec24
12-13-2004, 12:46 PM
Pick up Tim Albee's LW character animation. Great book! As far as what you move it depends on your rig. I was frustrated as anything til I read Tim's book. Well worth every penny.

Neuroup
12-13-2004, 02:42 PM
I have this book and i can recommend you this book. In this book you have write hom to preper character, how to make bones, weight maps and how to make everything under layout and how animation of character. Of course you can download lot of tuts about character animation in Lw but buying this book is much better idea then colecting lot of tut who was made by lot of authors :) In this book you have everything explain on biggener level :)

Bye!