PDA

View Full Version : VT4 Quits

Ivan
12-13-2004, 09:29 AM
Anyone else experiencing a problem where VT4 just exits? It doesn't happen a lot and I have not been able to create steps to reproduce it but I have had it just quit on me a number of times. I walk away or answer the phone and when I look up, instead of looking at my VT screen, I am looking at the Desktop. VT will reload but it says it didn't exit properly last time. Sometimes I can go for days without this happening leaving the machine on day and night. Today I had it open for 20 minutes, answered the phone and when I got back it was gone.

Ivan

Jim Capillo
12-13-2004, 09:36 AM
Anyone else experiencing a problem where VT4 just exits? It doesn't happen a lot and I have not been able to create steps to reproduce it but I have had it just quit on me a number of times. I walk away or answer the phone and when I look up, instead of looking at my VT screen, I am looking at the Desktop. VT will reload but it says it didn't exit properly last time. Sometimes I can go for days without this happening leaving the machine on day and night. Today I had it open for 20 minutes, answered the phone and when I got back it was gone.

Ivan

Drivers maybe? Uninstall and reinstall and see what happens.

Ivan
12-13-2004, 10:45 AM
Not a big fan of uninstall - reinstall. I can't recall any issues on my system that this has solved. Also it's not that big of a problem, more of a curiosity at this point. It's only done it about 8 or 10 times since I got VT4 and I have not had it just up and quit while I was working on something, just when I look away for a few seconds. The first three or four times, I thought it was my imagination.

Ivan

Jim Capillo
12-13-2004, 10:50 AM
Well, I've never had that problem here, and I don't recall that it's been a big issue, so it might be something that went awry with your install or perhaps something left behind from a previous install.

Keep an eye on it.....

FPowers
12-13-2004, 03:18 PM
It's happened to me too, exactly as you describe it.

Jim_C
12-13-2004, 06:54 PM
Let the machine get the phone.

:cool:

bradl
12-13-2004, 09:23 PM
There are new drivers due out any min... er any day now that may fix your problem. I was having audio drop out along with lockups and the beta drivers helped. At this point I don't see any sense in getting the beta ones as there will be release drivers available hopefully sometime this week.

CYA clause: This may have absolutely nothing to do with your problem :)

Ivan
12-13-2004, 10:28 PM
It is such a strange problem because this morning I just captured about 30 minutes of video, walked away and when I came back it has Exited. I restarted it and it has been running all day now with no problems. As I said I have yet to loose any work or any sleep over this but it is strange.

Ivan

PS. FPowers, do you have your machine online?

ted
12-14-2004, 11:53 AM
I have had this happen a couple times in the past. I found a bad cooling fan causing the CPU to overheat. I replaced it and haven't seen it since.

jkdawg
01-03-2005, 03:32 PM
I have my VT4 unexpectedly quit just this afternoon.

Blaine Holm
01-03-2005, 06:46 PM
I have my VT4 unexpectedly quit just this afternoon.

Is this happening when you go into a FILEBIN? I have seen corrupt VT[2] and VT[3] data files cause this in VT[4] that does not happen in VT[3]. Other clips that VT[4] may choke on can cuase this too.

Can you narrow it down to opening a specific folder?

Is your system completely rebooting?

Ivan
01-03-2005, 10:36 PM
When mine shut down it just quit VT. It would not be because anything I did because I would have it running, walk away to do something on another machine, come back, it would still be running, go do something else, come back and it would be off. No reboot, not playing back or rendering at the time.

I have not seen this with SP1 yet

Ivan