PDA

View Full Version : Cartoon character creation book

noyce
12-13-2004, 12:24 AM
I ordered the cartoon character creation book absolutely ages ago from amazon and had given up on it ever arriving. Just received vol 1 & 2 though and have to say it was well worth the wait. I've spent about 1000 on books and tutorial DVD's over the last 6 months and would thoroughly recommend this to anyone interested.

colkai
12-13-2004, 02:35 AM
Pop on over to Spinquad - the support forumsis there - some very useful chatter going on. :)
And yeah - cool ain't they! :D

Mipmap
12-13-2004, 06:07 AM
I finally got these books in the mail from the publisher a couple weeks ago, sadly havent had time to open it yet. They weren't kidding about having to break it into two pieces wither. Each volume is huge.

noyce
12-13-2004, 06:40 AM
Yeah they are. Really pleased with them, looking forward to getting stuck in : )

Neuroup
12-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Hello!
I'm luck! 10 days ago i had order this two books from amazoon. I know that this book are waiting for me. Now i'm in Siena(city in Italy) and i'm backing to home(Warsaw) in thursday and first think what i will make after i say hello to my parents it will be studing this book. I have idea to make short animation with characters. I just wrote a beta version of my script i made some concept art and i hope that this two books will help me with making this animation. If i will make something interesting during this xmas break i will send it to this forum.

One more thing about buying anything from amazon.
When i was ordering this book first i visited a amazon.co.uk i check a price and after it i went to amazon.com and i discovered that form me(Lw user who is living in Poland) more chiper is ordering a book in amazon.com then amazon.co.uk Books are this same but when i recast us dolars on euro and britsh pound on euro buying books on amazon.com is about 20% chiper than amazon.co.uk icluding total price for order :)

Bye!

js33
12-13-2004, 04:20 PM
Well that could be because the dollar has fallen quite a bit recently aganist other currencies. But also in the US the 2nd vol was going for only $11.xx instead of the $49.95 back cover price. I ordered both about 10 days ago and recieved them a few days ago.

Cheers,
JS