PDA

View Full Version : Ulead help!

johnnylandrover
12-11-2004, 11:14 PM
I turned my project into an AVI file to tmpeg. Now I want to use Ulead to produce my DVD and I don't seem to have any audio. Is audio there or do I have to match up my audio also? Hopefully some one could help me step by step (in ulead) to burn my first DVD kind of like a wizard.

Your friend for life,

Johnny :D

mgrusin
12-12-2004, 12:04 PM
I don't have VT4 yet, but I think that you don't have to go through TMPEG (if you don't want to), just bring your project (or AVI?) directly into DVD authoring and it will make the mpegs (and more) for you. Someone else here should be able to walk you through it.

As far as no audio goes, TMPEG lets you create mpeg "system streams" (MPG) with both audio and video, and "elementary streams" which are audio OR video (M2V, M2A). Did you maybe make an elementary stream with just the video?

-MG.

Scott Bates
12-12-2004, 12:50 PM
I think someone (Eugene?) has said that at least some of the authoring programs (not sure about Ulead's DVDWS) don't like the flavor of audio file that's generated by VT's .avi wrapper and therefore always renders a .wav audio file from the timeline and feeds that to the authoring program along with the video. I always feed VT project files to TMPGEnc, have it encode elementry MPEG2 streams and use DVDWS to author and convert the audio to AC-3.

wvp
12-13-2004, 07:15 AM
I gotta go, but real quick:
1) Either render out your project as a single DV type2 file or render the audio porton only as a wave file and then use the TMPgenc plug-in to create the mpg video file (throw out the tmpgenc created audio file.
Note: reason for this is current build of VT4 has audio issues when using the plug-in. Also, note that while you can use DVD Workshop to import, Tmgenec will do a better job.
2) After you add the video, click on the folder icon (on the left side, near top) beside the box below the words "replace background music" & select the audio file.
Done!

johnnylandrover
12-13-2004, 09:15 AM
Jeff,

Replacing background music with my audio worked but was an iisue just figuring it out.

Thanks to everyone for your reply's,

Johnny :D