PDA

View Full Version : ClothFX on Character

Digital Junkie
12-11-2004, 01:19 PM
OK, I have this character rigged, and weighted. I'm in the process of texturing now, and I thought it would be a good time to start testing out the cloth dynamics.
I have tried many, many setting combinations but this is more or less what they all come out like (there seem to be only slight variations depending on settings) I'm pretty sure I'm probly just over looking a step or a setting or something. If anyone knows of any good tutorials on the subject or some suggestions they would be much appreciated.

P.S. there is a fixed weight on around the waist and the neck, wich is the only part that seems to be working. :confused:

Dodgy
12-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Cloth dynamics aren't really for tight clothes, I would be more tempted to use joint based morphs and soft fx. With tight clothes you're going to get a lot of interpenetration or spazzing out under the arm pits, or groin sections of your clothes.

Digital Junkie
12-11-2004, 08:52 PM
:confused: Well, I tried a couple of softFX settings on the cloths mesh. It seems to work as far as the cloths stay on the character, but there does'nt seem to be any deformation whatsoever. The animation looks exactly like it does without any FX. What do you think if I made the cloths baggier?