PDA

View Full Version : Flash Site

Andyjaggy
12-11-2004, 11:09 AM
Well I finally got around to finishing my web site. It's pretty simple, and still kind of in a beta state, but take a look if you are interested. www.sealpupstudios.com

pauland
12-11-2004, 05:01 PM
I love the renders on your site - well worth a visit.

I have a dell with a 1400 x 1050 display and the text is difficullt to read. In some parts you have a red that is hard to see against the background.

I think the first page (enter site) is a bit too basic.

All that said, it's a very nice site and you've some great work there. Thanks for the heads up!

Paul

lunarcamel
12-11-2004, 05:50 PM
Yes the text is hard to read - you need to either set it to use a device font or use a pixel font made specifically for flash

Lottmedia
12-11-2004, 09:58 PM
You've got the dreaded Mystery Meat Navigation going on your site. At least in Firefox you have no idea what the little icons do till you click on them, especially if someone was on a dial-up it would turn them off pretty quick and it's not a good overall concept if you want to make the site inviting. Some good renders, like what I see otherwise, but might want to goive the navagation a more welcoming feel.

J-Rod

ted
12-13-2004, 03:49 PM
I agree. The Icons made total sense, one you clicked on them, but you might want to give them a title for those who don't have time to explore.

And I think your "antelope" is really a Ram/Sheep! :p

Good start though. I'm not picking on it. Yours is better then mine!

Andyjaggy
12-17-2004, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the comments. I will have to agree with you on the icons, I thought they might be confusing, but by the time it occured to me I Was halfway done and didn't want to fix them, leason learned is laziness = nonfriendly UI. I'll try to get around to fixing it.