PDA

View Full Version : Character landing on ground problem : (

noyce
12-10-2004, 12:46 PM
I am producing a short and need to have my character jump off a shelf and land on the floor. Can anyone assist me with the best way to make my character react to the collision with the ground? I basically want to move my characters bones but require his feet stay in contact with the floor (or not to go beyond it)

Any comments very much appreciated.

Weetos
12-10-2004, 02:06 PM
Graph editor is usually what I use to prevent things (like feet) from going through the ground, this is imho pretty efficient, compared to other solutions. just create the needed keys for your IK chains making your character jumping off this shelf and landing on the floor, and then using graph editor ajust the Y channels of your feet IK goals so they don't go through the ground (Y=0, for instance - you might need to add extra keys with linear pre behaviour) .

You might want to use expressions instead, but depending on what your character has to do in this scene, expressions can lead to other problems.

noyce
12-10-2004, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the reply mate, i'll have a play some more and see how i get on. I'll post some test renders to see whay you think.

Weetos
12-10-2004, 02:20 PM
just edited my previous post : I attached a screenshot showing what I was trying to say ( sorry my english is far for being clear :) )

I hope that helps

noyce
12-10-2004, 02:28 PM
That makes it clearer mate, thanks alot for you efforts. I'll go and give it a try now and see how i get on. As soon as i have something i'm pleased with i'll give you a look.

Wade
12-10-2004, 08:45 PM
Thanks! Weetos very nice response. :)