PDA

View Full Version : Nutcracker Animation

Rich
12-10-2004, 10:57 AM
Here is an animation that I created on a PC under a tight deadline that will air before a segment that the news channel I work for is doing for the Nutcracker. I didnít model the female. I did model her hair and the dress she is wearing. Everything else was created from scratch by me. The clothfx was a little bit tricky to get right but I was very happy with the final results. The text that appears was created using a program called LiveType which comes with FinalCut Pro on the Mac.

http://www.imake3d.com/Nutcracker/Nutcracker.jpg

Nutcracker Animation (http://www.imake3d.com/Nutcracker/Nutcracker.mov)

sidetrak
12-10-2004, 11:02 AM
the link didnt work for me, but ill try it when i get home...all i can say now is that the tree looks very...fluffy, its not very much like the ones outside, though i havent a clue how to mess with that stuff so im just going to shut up now

Rich
01-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Thanks for checking it out. I would have liked to create a better tree but I spent so much time trying to get the dynamics on the cloth the way I wanted it that I didn't have much time for all the stage props.

prospector
01-03-2005, 05:49 PM
COOL!!!
Lettering reminds me of the Personell Paint Anim Fonts on the Amiga.
Totally cool!

Tho I keep watching and waiting for the girl to get dizzy and fall :D :D

paulk
01-03-2005, 06:07 PM
If this is what you do under pressure, maybe you should never relax.

I especially like the way the dress continues to twirl after the dancer stops, then twirls back. I ran the anim several times just to watch that. Nice cloth work.

Rich
01-04-2005, 04:59 PM
Thanks again,

The clothfx was quite interesting to work with. The first problem I had was the dress stretched downward till it was 3 times its normal length. Once I had that problem solved the next problem was a bit more interesting. Once the female did her final spin and came to a stop the dress would flip up above her chest area. Of course it would have been inappropriate to leave it that way :)