PDA

View Full Version : Sasquatch and RLA - Z-depth problem

markjores
12-10-2004, 03:32 AM
Hi there.

I'm tring to run out a character animation as an RLA sequence for use in after effects 5 , but am encountering odd results when using sasquatch (v1).

I want to use RLA so I can post produce depth blur and separate foreground and backgrounds into different layers and apply corrections and effects to them, but I notice that the sasquatch rendered hair is not correctly depth mapped and merely appears to be part of the background z-depth, so I can't produce a gaussy 30's hollywood style blur at the edges of my models face in post.

It works fine for other models in the scene, (extended rla chosen in image processing etc)just failing when the sasquatch is involved. Has anyone any ideas about how I can get around this without having to render separate passes for everything. - I'm not sure how to run out a separate passes for shadows/ highlights anyway without using a single RLA file.

Any help gratefully received, since I need to commit to rendering asap & dont want to miss out on the weekend render time at work.

Mylenium
12-10-2004, 01:33 PM
Other than rendering out a separate pass there is no other way. This is inherent in the way Sasquatch is applied - it is a post effect in itself (a smarter one, though, since it takes buffers into account). Rendering separate passes to separate shading features has been explained quite a few times on this forum, so I'm not going into details, but using the search function will help you a lot.

Mylenium

markjores
12-12-2004, 01:25 PM
Thanks

I'll look into mulipass renders then