PDA

View Full Version : My first trailer (4 min)

Steffen
04-11-2003, 03:44 AM
This is my first try of a little trailer for my Roleplaying game. The file is about 21MB and divx5.01 coded.
The original is of course of a better quality (higher resolution) but also much bigger in size.
And here is the link:

http://www.raineraul.de/kdvz1.zip

Any kinds of comments would be great!

Explanation:
This is for thouse who are interested in the story because I think you can not understand the trailer without nowing
a little bit about the background.

The ship in the begining is a Aldebaran vessel ( a player race ) on it's way to a mission. It is entering enemy space
through a wormhole and then you are on the bridge where they find out that a enemy drone is approaching.
They manage to destroy it.
The second kind of ships that appear are the so called K-Rheia a race that has unbelivable high developed technologie
thats why they have no problems shooting through the shield and directly into the hangar.
Well thats the short form of the short form.

Steffen

Sodala
04-11-2003, 04:48 AM
Well, yes, member already. I dunno, shall I critizise in English? Oder schdadddessen doch aaf Fränggisch? Um, I think I said what I had to say bout that nice little amuse-guelle. Let's work on v2 ... perhaps next Monday? ;o)

Sodala

Zarathustra
04-11-2003, 10:05 AM
Cute. Like Early B5.

bakasaru
04-11-2003, 12:08 PM
The scale of the ring explosion at around 00:02:21 seems a little off, but otherwise a quite compelling intro.

Nice:D

Zombat
04-11-2003, 04:41 PM
Thats pretty cool. I do space-based stuff, too. Check out my signature for some of the tutorials I've made so far - Nebula, and stars. Of course, if your animating, you'd have to do the stars in lightwave, but whatever. If you're doing stills, it might help you.

----------

The animation was nice. The camera had some odd angles and transition, and some of the hypervoxels seem too fast/pixelated/not as correctly implemented as I'd ilke to see, but overall, and impressive 4 minutes, even though I was unable to listen to any of the music, because the stupid divx validator failed once again.

Nice. It inspires me to do an animation similar to that myself.... perhaps I will...

Steffen
04-12-2003, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the replies so far :)

To Zombat: Do you have a address where I can find your tutorials because I am very interested in that space stuff (in fact thats the only thing I do planets, Starships, and strange new worlds etc.)

To bakasaru: I know that the explosion is a little bit of scale but I wanted to see it so I thought forget about reality :)

Steffen

Zombat
04-12-2003, 08:19 AM
http://www.roosteredge.com/~zombat/

Only two tutorials right now, and a bunch of empty links, But, it should help out your nebula just a little. While doing the tutorial, maximize the nebula's realism by adjusting the hue/contrast of the difference clouds layer above the spray painted image.

more tutorials as time comes.

Hiraghm
04-13-2003, 11:47 AM
Zombat,

I followed that link as I follow all tutorial links. I have no problems with mac users, even those proud of using macs. Your tone on the main page was so belligerant, I left without even bothering to check the tutorials. You might want to reword it a bit.

Zombat
04-14-2003, 06:28 AM
Oh crap! forgot about that!

Ho hum... whups, I'll fix that...

My apologies, and thanks, Hiraghm, for pointing out the junk. I've fixed it now, and I'm arranging a move to a more commuted-on website, plus a new look. I'm very sorry if I've offended or been rude to you...or even anyone who used that link!

Now its pretty much safe.

:)