PDA

View Full Version : Dongle Light not working?

mr_nebel
12-08-2004, 06:01 PM
This is a problem thats been happening on and off for a while and has now become permanent. The little green light on my Dongle has stopped working but the dongle itself seems fine and Lightwave will load up fine.
Do I need to worry about this or would it be best to get it replaced?

Kurtis
12-09-2004, 01:54 PM
mr_nebel,

If you're not getting the "Hardware Lock Not Found" message when you open Layout or Modeler, don't worry about it. If you start getting that mssage, then you will have to contact New Magic Technical Support for an RMA to send your dongle in for repair/replacement.

I would recommend though that you go ahead and contact them as soon as you can be without your dongle for a little bit. If that's happening, odds are its going to stop working completely at some point, and better to do it now, than to wait for a time when you've got a deadline looming and have to do it then.

pauland
12-10-2004, 01:14 AM
Kurtis, is it still the case that replacement dongles will have a different ID, or can replacement dongles have identical IDs to the returned dongle?

Paul

BeeVee
12-10-2004, 02:00 AM
Nope, replacement dongles are just that - completely new dongles. The number is generated by the dongle manufacturer, so there's no way of getting the same one again... having said that, all the major manufacturers of dongle-locked plug-ins are very understanding about dongle ID changes and respond very swiftly in my experience.

B

Kurtis
12-12-2004, 06:15 AM
pauland,

BeeVee is correct (as usual :cool: ) about Dongle IDs. He is also right about plug-in manufacturers. The most I've ever seen any of them do is to request a email or fax of a message from Customer Service confirming that you had to change your dongle. If you need one of these, contact Customer Service for your area, and they will be happy to provide that for you.

mr_nebel
12-14-2004, 02:16 AM
Thank you very much.
Contacted New Magic today and i'll be sending it off tomorrow for a hopefully quick turnaround.