PDA

View Full Version : VT-Edit and DDR together

alexxi
12-08-2004, 10:08 AM
Is there a way to to precut parts of a show during playing a looping background with a crawling title?

Im recording the first part of a show to harddisk

25min pause

During the pause I want to precut in VT-edit the recorded show in my preview window.
Simultaneously on PGM-Out should run an animated Background with a crawling title.

But when I want to play back from the timlime the DDR stutters and when I press pause on VT-Edit picture from DDR hangs. In VT-Edit pictures run smooth.

I tried all kind of settings in Preferences -edit and ddr-cache- but this has no effect.

VT3/Adaptec/320Scsi/between 180 and 200Mb/s on each channel
Without Vt-Edit I can play back enough DDRs (6)

Should this work?
Any suggestions?

bg
alexx

Jim_C
12-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Is your ddr resource usage set to high?

alexxi
12-08-2004, 01:00 PM
Ive tried all different settings at VT-Edit and DDR Resource and Cache-Settings, different cache paths, but no change.
What makes me wonder, if I place the slider in the timeline where is nothing and press pause or play,(no clip) even there the DDRs start stuttering. Layersetting on timeline(controltree) is "low" and no effect and others. Timeline plays back perfect without any stutter...

???

bg
alexx

btw:
dualXeon3.06/2GiGRAM/QuadroFX500/MSIX5DAE

Jim_C
12-08-2004, 01:08 PM
Oh, I think I see now, you want to edit some footage on drive X while a ddr plays footage from drive X?

That can be a toughy , even with scsis and dual 3.06's.
If you have space on another drive for your ddr loop, put the ddr footage there and play it back from that.A single ide drive will work fine for this.
Take some of the load off of the drive that is trying to do all kinds of seeking for editing AND playing back a ddr.

iow, dont have the footage to edit and the ddr footage on the same drives.

alexxi
12-09-2004, 01:01 AM
If you have space on another drive for your ddr loop, put the ddr footage there and play it back from that.A single ide drive will work fine for this.
Take some of the load off of the drive that is trying to do all kinds of seeking for editing AND playing back a ddr.

This is exactly what I did. Ive tried it with my loop at the IDE or "X_play_video" and "Y_Rec-Video" for Editing.
Each channel has 4 x 10.000 SCSIdrives.
Looking in taskmanager a load about 20%, memory usage ca. 340MB. There must be a bottleneck in another place...
What Im missing?

bg
alexx