PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way of creating hotspots in lightwave?

Asimov
12-08-2004, 09:10 AM
I am getting well on with my gallery project thanks to some good advice from the peeps in this forum...So thanks to all that helped.

Is there any way I can create HotSpots for each wall of the gallery so that I can let a viewer click on a wall and that wall be used as a hyperlink to a webpage?

I think I might have to use other software to do this but if anyone knows a way in Lightwave ? I would be grateful to hear their advice!

:rolleyes:

toby
12-08-2004, 05:46 PM
- - -
Nope!

Starlost
12-08-2004, 07:03 PM
Theres no way in LW to create the hotspots your talking about but what you can do is create the image of what you want figure out where you want the hotspots to be then use something like Frontpage to place the hotspots for you. It's really easy that way. though the only drawback to hotspots is the fact that they generally are circles, squares, ovals etc. I may be wrong on this but I have not myself seen a hotspot that could be created by sketching around an object like say a vase on a table, you can only make really really tight spots around the area you want.

You may want to check out google using the search word of hotspot and see what comes up. I have found google to be really helpful for alot of research when using LW or anything else for that matter. But dont give up hope I dont know everything and perhaps someone out here knows a workaround that I have overlooked.

Let us all know what you find out.

Render On!

Starlost...