PDA

View Full Version : cel surface dissappears!

cvliv
12-07-2004, 04:03 PM
wierd.

i select one of the cel options in the presets shelf and it looks great and renders fine. save scene, save all objects, close layout. then open scene again and all the surfaces seemfine with all texture editor modifications there, except that it only renders flat color. no more cel look. re apply the preset and it works fine. obvioulsy this cannot be good for the prodution process. instead of blaming LW i will instead ask that someone tell me what i am doing wrong. what button am i not clicking. what part of save all objects am i not understanding?

help.

cvliv
12-07-2004, 04:18 PM
there is a difference in the surfaces once the scene and objects are reloaded. the cel shader preset uses a light to determine the incidence angle modifications for the surface. this light is on a drop down menu in the texture editor and automatically selected when loading the preset. upon reloading the light is set to none. selecting the light again for each texture sets the surface back to the pre save and quit status. again, a complete pain and not fun when you might have a few hunderd objects in the scene. how do i fix this. or is it a feature?

thanks

toby
12-07-2004, 09:49 PM
Can you use a different cel shade plug-in? I didn't have this problem when I used BESM...

cvliv
12-07-2004, 09:53 PM
i suppose i could. i was using the presets for the surface shader, not besm. its just that they have a few set up that look nice and work well. i would hate to think they were close to useless..

thanks for you suggestion.