PDA

View Full Version : VT[4] - Green screen on component input

Sentropy
12-07-2004, 08:21 AM
Hi,
I work on TV and we recently bought VT[4]. We have some problems with component inputs, when I connect component input from BetaSP or DVCAM DSR-80 we got strange green picture on program or preview window ( and of course on monitor ).
First, only one channel is green, program or preview - not both, but when I switch the VT mixer the greener picture change the place. We check all cables, disconnect all but one input and monitor, we correct setup output from BetaSP( YPBR ), I try all posible options in VT Preference ( we reset few time all VT config ) and inputs.

Second, I do not have that problem with YC ( SVHS ) input, but, YC picture has some slighty distorsion, like some purple line that flickers and jitters over screen ( not all the time, but when it starts, it jitters all the time ). Again, I try all inputs, changing prefs, reset configs, reinstall...I must say that I have huge expirience with Matrox LX, DPS Velocity and few other cards but every trick that I tried, failed.

Somebody, anybody....
Thanks!

SCS
12-07-2004, 09:18 AM
If you have an SX-8/84, try removing it and using the breakout cables... I had the same problem with my Composite Program Outs - removed my SX-8 and the problem disappeared.

Sentropy
12-07-2004, 12:11 PM
Thanks,
OK....it works BUT what will I do with my SX-84?? I need more than one input!! Can anybody say something how to resolve this bug.

Second, my jittering problem, I found that now I have it on both inputs components and svhs. But, when I snapshot my screen...I minimze VT window and on my Monitor picture was, nice without jitters, I maximize VT, jitters come back...I kill VT-Vision windows ( prog and preview ) and found that picture on monitor was good again. If I turn on VT-Vision monitors I get jitters on all outputs ( very visible if I put Fielding to ON - VT-Vision Setings).

My video card is GForce FX5700LE ( dual view ), my screen resolution is 1280x1024 75Mhz refresh.

Help again...

SCS
12-07-2004, 01:12 PM
Newtek's answer for me was to return the SX-8 for repair (which will have to wait because it's heavily used at the moment).

The distortion at the top of your screen looks curiously like an annoyance called 'Skew' that was present in 3/4 tapes however have you tried updating the nVidia drivers and making sure the nVidia Manager is disabled (there are also lots of undocumented controls in the 'Advanced' part of the Proc Amps... maybe Newtek can decipher which one will fix that problem).

Does this also happen if you look at a live (camera) signal?

Jim Capillo
12-07-2004, 01:55 PM
I was getting that tearing at the top of the raster with VHS tape and I had to feed it thru an external TBC to get rid of it.

Sentropy
12-07-2004, 02:00 PM
Yap, I update NVIDA driver to last ( 70.90 ), nothing changed, sam distortion hapend with camera on input. This "skew" things when I connect it with SVHS input is lightly purple. After some testing I close all VT components ( even swicher ) and I can view it on Monitor ( but this time is hardly visible, if I open VT-Vision you can see it very well on VT-Vision and analog monitor).

I will tray to change graphic card tomorow...this is my last chance. I will tray with ATI...

Thanks.

Sentropy
12-07-2004, 02:35 PM
I Install ATI 9250 card, and as you can see I have same problem ( the distorsion is even worse). This picture show SVHS input ( component input have same "skew" ). I get signal from Sony DSR300 camera, DVCAM DSR80, and BETASP...and all sources have same "Skew" ( I dont have VHS!), I will try to change PCI slot ( my PC is P4 3.0 Ghz, 1Gb Ram, Intel chipset ).

Paul Lara
12-07-2004, 10:35 PM
Can anybody say something how to resolve this bug?

I cannot recall this happening on higher-end systems, such as Beta decks, but here's something to try:

In advanced proc amp settings, try:
AGC Freeze - Not Frozen
Chroma Trap - Enabled
Horizontal Tracking Loop Frequency Select - VCR or TV (Chroma trap will have the largest effect when capturing from VHS.)

Sentropy
12-08-2004, 12:28 AM
Thx,
Paul I try what you said, but nothing changed. I switch VT card to another PCI slot, same problem remain. I will install VT in another computer, if distorsion starts on other computer then VT board is faulty.

Sentropy
12-09-2004, 02:31 PM
OK....here is the all answer I have, about my SX-84, yes it's sick and I send it back.
About strange lines....Motherboard.....I put VT in other PC and he work fine. But,
look at motherboard config:
ASUS P4P800-E, Intel 865PE, ICH5R....not working ( jitters )
SOLTEK SL865-PRO, Intel 865PE, ICH5....working

Strange, same chipset...I must say that I tray VT with ASUS P4S800 ( SIS 963 chipset ) and they work ok.

Greetings to all.