PDA

View Full Version : Textual Revolution Lightwave 3d training

Carbon71
12-07-2004, 07:55 AM
Textual Revolution
Lightwave 3d Training with Rich Helvey

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=617&item=6347514306&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I love this series so far.
I'm trying to get enough dough to buy the next one. :)
Carbon

hrgiger
12-07-2004, 08:21 AM
Who is Rich Helvey? I've never heard of him.

Carbon71
12-07-2004, 08:25 AM
Motion Graphics Designer for NBC's Access Hollywood:

info here:
http://www.desktopimages.com/DI2098.shtml

Chris S. (Fez)
12-07-2004, 08:26 AM
I think he does broadcast graphics for...Access Hollywood...? I am too busy (lazy) to bother googling this morning.

Chris S. (Fez)
12-07-2004, 08:27 AM
thanks for the confirmation carbon!

hrgiger
12-07-2004, 12:24 PM
Oh, ok. I thought it was one of those crappy ebay Lightwave training scams. I didn't realize it was from desktop images.

kurv
12-08-2004, 09:08 AM
HEY!!! Shhhhhhh dont try to drum up sales because I am the only bidder on this... ;)

Carbon71
12-08-2004, 09:12 AM
Heh heh. Yeah I noticed. *sigh*
Say, what does Kurv studios want with a LW training DVD?
You guys have plenty ofgreat stuff. I was just watching some of the digiwonk rigging vids yesterday. Awsome!

Carbon

nemac4
12-08-2004, 10:23 PM
I have the whole set. I learned a few things from it. Motion Graphics seem pretty simple after doing character animation but there are some good tips and tricks in there. My favorite thing about it was that I could watch it while away from the computer.

noyce
12-09-2004, 01:38 AM
They are very good. Another series i would recommend is the Character animation series by Todd Grimes from evil plan studios. Very thorough and well worth a look : )

Carbon71
12-09-2004, 08:32 AM
Newmac4----- Really? Wanna sell em? Private message me if ya wanna negotiate. Yeah, one thing I love about moption graphics is that it's just easier. I get more done sooner. Also I find lots of work in it.

Noyce-----, Yeah I've got that series. It's is really good, but the first part bores me to death. Grimes isn't exactly mr. excitement. But He is great and very knowledgeable.

kurv
12-09-2004, 09:09 AM
Heh heh. Yeah I noticed. *sigh*
Say, what does Kurv studios want with a LW training DVD?
You guys have plenty ofgreat stuff. I was just watching some of the digiwonk rigging vids yesterday. Awsome!

Carbon

Hey you cant get to much trainign can you... I do not have any of Rich's stuff so I wanted to see this video. Thsi is one that I was actually looking to find on ebay and here it is!!!

If it sells to low I will pay you fair market value... nothing worse that putting a video worth at least 20 bucks on ebay and having it sell for 6... :(

Thanks for the compliment!! We have lotsa cool stuff coming as well :D

ttys

Carbon71
12-09-2004, 09:20 AM
Hey you cant get to much trainign can you... I do not have any of Rich's stuff so I wanted to see this video. Thsi is one that I was actually looking to find on ebay and here it is!!!

If it sells to low I will pay you fair market value... nothing worse that putting a video worth at least 20 bucks on ebay and having it sell for 6... :(

Thanks for the compliment!! We have lotsa cool stuff coming as well :D

ttys

Hey Thanks Kurv. :)
Yeah I can't get enough of VIDEO training especially. My free time is scarce and valuable! Lynda.com is great for video training, but I'd like higher end stuff availible online (Like Total Training series).

Yeah I'm hopin to buy the rest too (of Rich's). This first video was my intro in AE also and really showed me the power of a compositor. It extends the hell out of your 3d package. LW is just that much more useful to me now because of AE.

I love character animation, but now I can't get enough of motion graphics work! I love Watchin the work of the motion graphic reels from companies like, Buck, Blur, Tronic, XOFX, Tetsoo, Lobo, Shilo etc...
So inspiring!