PDA

View Full Version : Pressing F9 or F10 causes LW to crash (sometimes)

Ge4-ce
12-07-2004, 04:33 AM
Anyone noticed this bug as well?

Are there walkarounds allready?

I think I found some sort of trigger..

When I have used grapheditor and then push F9 or F10, boom!

when I load a scene and do other stuff, no problems.

Spreadsheet launch also causes LW to crash 1 out of 3 times I use it.

This is rather annoying. Especially when scene loading takes 5 to 10 minutes! (see my other thread below)

Hope they have fixed these things in 8.2

meanlebh
12-08-2004, 12:03 AM
I have had similar problems when using F9 or F10.....though my scenes do not take nearly as long to load as yours do, but it does get annoying just the same...I too hope that things are a little more stable in 8.2...

eblu
12-08-2004, 08:25 PM
first and foremost...
back it up!

second I have found a workaround for this very bug, and it eventually lead me to lose all of the data in the scene file (LW crashed during a save, and LW is an idiot when it comes to saving files)

the workaround... and it is a temporary workaround... is to open the scene file in a text editor such as BBedit, or Xcode, and change the line endings to that of the PC. This apparently forces LW to re-evaluate whatever it is in the scene file that has gone awry.

I am deeply unsatisfied with the level of professionalism in the latest LW release, and this is one of any number of bugs that were not fixed, Before it was shipped. it is shameful that there is even 1 bug that corrupts a scene file, in my personal experience there are at least 4.

save and backup very often, and delete the hub. the hub is a virus.