PDA

View Full Version : Virtual "Set" for a TV News Show

rwmorey
12-06-2004, 02:12 PM
Hi –

I am involved with a non-profit Public Access TV station. We are putting together ideas for a news show and one thing we have discussed is a cool set for our news show. Having a small budget and a small studio, building a real set is probably not feasible. My research so far has revealed that most “virtual sets” that are commercially available look like they were created on a computer and we are looking for something more photo-realistic.

I am trying to find people interested in “building” a virtual set for our news show (and possibly other shows in the future.)

If you are interested, please e-mail me at [email protected] with a link to your portoflio and idea of What kind of fees you charge.

Rich

shaol
12-07-2004, 02:48 PM
Do you have any refferances so we know what you are thinking about. What are the other shows that use it.

prospector
12-08-2004, 12:17 AM
How's mine?
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=15930&highlight=luxigons

Tik Newsroom :)
minus all glass desk (Smoky colored) due to render times of refraction (around 18 hours on a 3GHz P4HT with 1 gig dual channel ram @ 400MHz)
Render times on the thread were with a 1.8GHz AthlonXP PC133 Ram

But I can add video to plasma screen for the news caster to highlite.

shaol
12-08-2004, 08:20 AM
needs alot of work not very photo-relistic. Keep going. :)

rwmorey
12-08-2004, 05:06 PM
Hi --

Thanks for your responses.. Shoal -- to answer your question, I don't have any examples in mind -- I'd like to leave that open to the artist. I do imagine a pretty typical news show set -- a desk with two anchor spots and a side area for weather / sports.. And probably 6 different camera angles on the set -- a close up of each of the three people (2 anchors / extra) plus a wide shot of the whole set, a two shot of the main anchors and a wide shot of the extra host.

Of course, the images I'm looking for would be the empty set from the various camera angles.

Prospector -- your work looks nice, but I would like to see something more photo realistic..

Thanks,

Rich

shaol
12-08-2004, 06:06 PM
How are you going to integrate poeple into the sets? Are they going to be CG people?
also are you looking for a set like the today show or 60 mins or as you saud up to the artist.

prospector
12-08-2004, 11:12 PM
yea..it needs dirtying up some
but my people are too neat.
Is for some CG people so they are clean too.
kinda like perfectville. :D

But I lemon Pledge my desk between mouse movements too. :eek:

So other than reflections..what does it need???

Hervé
12-08-2004, 11:23 PM
I am available....

check it here....

www.topixel.net :)

rwmorey
12-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Hi --

We are planning to shoot the anchor and side people in front of green screens and then composite the people and the sets in post-production. (We can't currently do the compositing live.. it is after all a non-for-profit public access TV station :-( )

Rich

rwmorey
12-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Herve --

WOW! Your stuff is amazing.. The house you did.. WOW.. I was so psyched to see the virtual walk throug (oh well..)

Rich