PDA

View Full Version : Subdivide

apache13
12-06-2004, 12:00 PM
Another Newbie question

When I create a box in the numeric panel I can divide the box into sections. I am having trouble doing that after the box is created. My teacher said to press the brackets and it will work- but that is not working for me. Any help

toonafish
12-06-2004, 01:35 PM
once you deactivated the box tool and it's created you can't add sections this way. Lightwave has no history or anything like that. Once you created a primitive you have to use the knife tool ( Shift + k ), bendsaw or subdivide the box ( Shift + d ).

Another Newbie question

When I create a box in the numeric panel I can divide the box into sections. I am having trouble doing that after the box is created. My teacher said to press the brackets and it will work- but that is not working for me. Any help

Silkrooster
12-06-2004, 07:13 PM
The brackets will work as long as the box tool is still activated. This option is if you do not want to open the numeric panel. Once you deactivate the box tool this option is no longer available. Then you will have to use one of the divide tools that tunafish has mentioned. There are other tools available as well such as add edges, edge bevel, smooth shift, bevel. Each of these have a different use depending on what you wish to do with your box object. If you have access to the manual, it would be a good idea to read it through, it will tell you how each of these tools can be used. You can also download a copy in pdf form. Version 8 requires a registered version, but I think ver 7.5 is still available for free in Newtek's download section of thier web site.
Silk