PDA

View Full Version : Saving only flx and tga

jupussi
12-06-2004, 02:04 AM
Hello

ScreamerNet is only saving flx and tga files. I read in previous threads that this might be a plug-in issue. But I don't know how that is possible, the scene is rendering just fine and no errors in the console.

I have two shared drives in the main machine. P: for content and R: for rendered images. All the config files are in the P:\config_files folder. Programs directory is copied to the remote machine.

I run the screamerNet in the remote machine this way:

cd D:\Programs
lwsn -3 -cP:\config_files -dP:\ P:\test.lws 1 10 1

I got it working about half year ago. It might be that I have changed something that isn't working now. Any ideas where to look?

I'm using LW 7.5d and the machines are Win2000 Intel P4.

donny
12-09-2004, 10:08 AM
In some cases it could be that the config file LWEXT3.cfg has the paths for the plugins to be coming from the C:\ drive instead of the mapped drive. You can open the file in notepad and do a find and replace for the correct drive or just open LightWave and rescan the plugins from the correct folder on the mapped drive.

jupussi
12-09-2004, 02:55 PM
Yes, the paths were to C:\Lightwave. I chages them to P:\.

Now when I try to start the render in the remote machine it says:
Current Directory is now "P:\"
Loading "P:\scene1.lws".

And nothing else happens and processor usage goes to 100%. I have to terminate the process after a while.

donny
12-09-2004, 04:14 PM
If you changed only the one config it should not have made any difference to the rendering other than finding the plugins.

jupussi
12-10-2004, 08:38 AM
That was the only change. I tried again today, and still some problem. Nothing happens and processor usage goes to 100%.

donny
12-15-2004, 05:19 PM
Send a e-mail to [email protected] with the specifics on your setup.

François Tarlie
05-04-2005, 04:10 PM
did they gave you an answer ???

kevman3d
05-06-2005, 11:24 PM
Here's where I'm confused here:

P: is the drive where the configs are stored
R: is the drive where the renders are going to
D: is the drive where you have copied the LW programs folder on the remote machine

So, where did you copy the plugins folder to?

You say you changed the paths in the configs to P: from C:\LightWave. That means you must have a P:\Plugins folder? If not, problem solved... :D

What I tend to do is create a Screamernet setup for LWSN networking on my server machine, and just run and share the programs from that same remote location on all nodes...

ie. L: is mapped on my remote machine to my server's C:\SNII folder.

In this folder, I simply have from LightWave:
\programs
\Plugins
\LScripts
\configs

Edit the lwext3.cfg config to load from "L:\Plugins\" and "L:\LScripts\"

Then on the remote machine, run L:\Programs\LWSN.EXE, or I create a batch file that I can use with a command line parameter to set its Node number easily (I'm talking about remote nodes, not -3 standalones) - eg. L:\startnode.bat 99

Good luck.