PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate

Simon
12-05-2004, 01:49 PM
I made this for a friend's website. It's a chocolate fountain ... yeah I've never heard of them before either. Sort of large fondue thing. Quite pleased with it considering I didn't spend much time on it. The strawberries look a bit iffy perhaps, too saturated, but she wanted it colourful.

Tiger
12-05-2004, 02:55 PM
:eek: Where can I get one? :D

Very nice scene!

veljko
12-06-2004, 07:09 AM
well made!
the marble and the blue-white background is a bit corny
:)

Bass
12-06-2004, 11:16 AM
I like it. The only comments I have are logistics - not modelling or texturing:

1) If the fountain pumps stops, the chocolate wil overflow

2) There's no visible way of keeping the chocolat melted - the pot is sitting right on the table.

Not meant to be criticism - I like the work.

Simon
12-06-2004, 12:36 PM
1) If the fountain pumps stops, the chocolate wil overflow

2) There's no visible way of keeping the chocolat melted - the pot is sitting right on the table.

- yes not too sure how it works, I only had a few very small compressed jpegs as reference! Think it has a built in heater and pump and it pumps it up the middle tube and it runs down the outside where you stick your marshmallows underneath. Reminds me of something out of Willy Wonka's garden.

Simon
12-06-2004, 01:21 PM
This is what it really looks like ....

sidetrak
12-06-2004, 03:06 PM
this looks really good, about how long did this take to render?

otacon
12-06-2004, 08:21 PM
Yummy! Very nice render. I love the colors and surfaces.

Hervé
12-06-2004, 11:18 PM
very nice... me love chocolate...but just a piece of very dark one...

I would make the glossiness higher a tiny bit... maybe remove a hair of magenta from the cherries.... that's it... (just to be peeky)

BTW... what is the round yellow reflection you have near the cherries in the base of the chocolate tower....

another BTW is that a innocent chocolate fountain like this might a silent enemy for America.... :D

Hervé
12-06-2004, 11:20 PM
Forget what I said about the round yellow reflection... just see it's the logo of the machine... well I suggest you rotate it slightly then, because if I have not se the real photo, I would have think it is a render error.... also because the cherries are reflecting in it....

Hervé
12-06-2004, 11:25 PM
BTW, this system has its own power.... it is mild hot permanently... so the chocolate stays liquid... and like a normal fountain, if you stop the little motor that pumps the liquid chocolate to the top, it just sits in the base pot, not overflow... :D and I bet this one is in Silver.... this looks like a pro equipment... quite expensive I guess...

emperorchuck
12-07-2004, 05:28 PM
They're pretty popular for wedding receptions in Utah... We had one at the museum where I work last week, and your chocolate fountain looks pretty dang close to the one they had. The only thing I'd change is to add some very shallow ripples and uneven parts to the cascading chocolate, just to make it a bit more visually exciting. You can say that the pump doesn't go completely evenly ;) As for the background, a very dark red would be a lot nicer on the eyes, and it would make things look richer too. Good work!

adrian
12-08-2004, 12:56 PM
Can you share your texturing settings for the chocolate? It looks very realistic.

Adrian.

Simon
12-09-2004, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the feedback people!

about how long did this take to render?

- think I left it going for about 30 mins in FPrime 1 bounce monte carlo

Can you share your texturing settings for the chocolate?

- sure I'll post it when I get back to my other PC, it was only a simple surface though

The only thing I'd change is to add some very shallow ripples and uneven parts to the cascading chocolate

- yes that sounds right, not seen one in real life but I expect it does sort of ripple!

As for the background, a very dark red would be a lot nicer on the eyes

- I did do a darker background originally but she wanted it pale blue so pale blue she got!

Simon.