PDA

View Full Version : I Need help with road texture for a twisting road

blinblue
04-10-2003, 01:10 PM
I have a twisting road that I need to have a texture with the normal yellow lines to go through the center of it. And I want most of it to be one surface. Is there any way to do this? or is there some other trick that I don't know about, please help. Thanks in advance:)

Mylenium
04-10-2003, 01:26 PM
I suppose the only viable solution is using an UV-map - if you already modeled that thing without it you are in trouble.

Mylenium

robewil
04-10-2003, 01:29 PM
I've done this many times.

Copy the middle polygons of the road to a new layer.

Move the polygons up a bit.

Extrude them downwards so they go through the road surface.

Create a new surface ("Yellow line"?)

Go to the road layer, put the second layer in the background.

Multiply - Solid Drill - Stencil the layers with the Yellow Line Surface.

Good Luck!

blinblue
04-10-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Mylenium
I suppose the only viable solution is using an UV-map - if you already modeled that thing without it you are in trouble.

Mylenium
I guess I'll have to start from the start, good thing I didn't spend too much time on it...

Elmar Moelzer
04-10-2003, 03:20 PM
Its a pitty that UV- Spider does not take the polygon- size into account. If it did it would be easy to create a UV- map for the street afterwards. Until this works I would suggest that you build your street with all polygons roughly the same length and then use UV- spider to get it going.
CU
Elmar

ninjaman
04-10-2003, 03:49 PM
There is actually a L-script with UV functions created solely for the texturing of roads, I have never used but I have a copy in my possession (muhahaha). It´s .lsc so I can´t see who wrote it. Write me and I´ll send it to you.

Johan Grönwall

HowardM
04-13-2003, 11:43 AM
or just post a nice link for all of us , eh, eh? :)
...sounds like a cool lscript!

ninjaman
04-13-2003, 02:48 PM
http://downloads.laffeycomputer.com/bandmapper/

Johan

Epita
04-13-2003, 02:58 PM
thankyou, been needing something like that for a while.

Also just been looking at them, the free stuff NT have is a nice set of huge textures, there ok and best of all free wahey

Epita