PDA

View Full Version : Graph editor

adrian
12-02-2004, 10:16 AM
Is there a quick way to copy and paste keyframes from one object to another in the graph editor?

I have 200 separate objects that each need two dissolve keyframes put in and it's a right pain in the butt going through putting them in individually.

I've tried selecting both keyframes then going to keys--> copy selected keys but LW doesn't let me paste them on the next object.

Adrian.

objuan
12-02-2004, 07:00 PM
if the timing and everything is the same for all of these dissolves, you can right click the property name and "copy channel" then paste it onto everything. Although I think you will conveniently have to individually activate each objects dissolve envelope before you can select that channel to paste onto.

otherwise, you can select just the keframes you want and hit 'c' to copy, then go to your new object and hit 'v' to paste those, which i think will paste the first key at your current timemarker. This whole process can definatly be confusing, esspecially when your trying to copy multiple channels at once.

another thing to think about, if you are trying to make your object disappear suddenly, along with it's hundereds of children (maybe your case?); is you only have to keyframe the parent position off screen once to make all that jazz begone, as opposed to hundreds of dissolves. If you need it to fade slowly, might be quicker to take this approach, and fade between the 2 frames in post, rather than having to copy all those dissolves... i know it has been for me before.

adrian
12-03-2004, 12:23 AM
Well I ended up doing it the slow way. I needed all the objects fading slowly - it looks just how I want it and was worth the effort now but at the time it was mind-numbing :)

I will practice using the techniques you suggested as it will certainly be beneficial to know in the future.

Cheers,

Adrian.