PDA

View Full Version : I have a Lightwave Quicktime Question?

Asimov
12-02-2004, 09:03 AM
I have created a virtual art gallery model, consisting of 9 cubes. On each wall I have created a quicktime.mov to be shown. The viewer (The camera) navigates around the gallery looking at each quicktime.

I have loaded the quicktime.mov's into image editor and assigned them to their surfaces on the specific walls. I have checked the "use layout time" and the quicktimes "post behaviour" is set to "loop". When I render the animation the camera flys around looking at the walls and the quicktime movies play in a loop throughout the duration of my animation. It looks great but this is not what I want.

How do I manually start a quicktime playing on the surface of the wall when the camera comes to a wall to view the quicktime.mov? I want the movie to start up and play when the camera has reached the wall. I don't want it already playing. Is there any way around this, or any tips from anyone please? :confused:

WCameron
12-02-2004, 09:53 AM
if you go into the Image Editor, and select your quicktime, down the bottom are a few sliders and some requester boxes. one of the boxes is labled START FRAME,
I beleive thats the frame of YOUR animation when the video file should start playing. I'm not 100% sure about that though as i havent tried it.
you can also set in and out points of the video itself there.

- Will.

Chrusion
12-02-2004, 12:01 PM
if you go into the Image Editor, and select your quicktime, down the bottom are a few sliders and some requester boxes. one of the boxes is labled START FRAME,
I beleive thats the frame of YOUR animation when the video file should start playing.

Yep... that'll do it. However, the surface will render black (maybe whatever the base surface is to begine with) until you get to the start frame, then the movie will show up. The work around would be to export the first frame of your MOV as an image (bmp, jpg, whatever) and map it to a copy of the poly placed 1mm in front of the poly with the MOV mapped to it. Then dissolve the still poly out on the frame the MOV starts playing.
Should be a seamless transition.

munky
12-02-2004, 01:28 PM
Hi There,

You won't need to add any extra polys as you can do it all in the surface editor. Just have the "still image" as the top image layer and envelope the "layer Opacity" at the right moment over one frame. Also .mov's are not as reliable as image sequences so if you can convert you .mov's to tiff or targa's. I found that .mov's dropped frames and ran at not quite the right speed or just didn't load.

regards

paul

nerdyguy227
12-02-2004, 02:41 PM
or you can place a one sided poly over each with what ever surface you want then once you want to start it you just get rid of the poly. The only prob with this is that it could end up starting in the middle of the loop.

Asimov
12-03-2004, 04:38 AM
Will let you all know the outcome!