PDA

View Full Version : Looking for news about nodal shader project

vbk!!!
12-02-2004, 04:53 AM
hello,
If I tested Sabre and Visual Texture sometime ago, I remember a thread about "Nodal" of Antti ( i think it's his name) too
Unfortunately i can't find it again.
Has someone any news about this project ?

JohnMarchant
12-02-2004, 08:58 AM
Maybe This is what your after http://www.nodalideas.com

Hope it is anyway, ive got it and love it

John

:) :)

Dodgy
12-02-2004, 09:37 AM
Don't think it's that one, another one has been mentioned... I do have that one though, it's cool :)

WCameron
12-02-2004, 09:45 AM
Don't think it's that one, another one has been mentioned... I do have that one though, it's cool :)

the one that all mention of mysteriously vanished.

thus "the nodal shader for lightwave that no one shall speak of" should be its new name :-)

or tnsfltnospo

or maybe not...

- Will.

vbk!!!
12-03-2004, 01:59 AM
yeah i'm speaking of "the another one"

hmmm .... Newtek what are you doing ?????? :)

zarti
12-03-2004, 03:36 AM
I believe the nodal-based surface-editor is coming soon .... . LW users need it, but i hope that newtek, also, releases a LW7.5_version of it.......
.................... hoping ..... :rolleyes:

Tesselator
12-29-2004, 07:17 AM
the one that all mention of mysteriously vanished.

thus "the nodal shader for lightwave that no one shall speak of" should be its new name :-)

or tnsfltnospo

Yeah, that's a good name for it.

Bytehawk
12-30-2004, 05:14 AM
LMAO

indeed, good name

duke
01-18-2005, 08:52 AM
Sorry about resurrecting this thread from the dead, but I just wanted to give my support here for Sabre (or Pyscho Graph Sabre). The thing was excellent once you got to learn it. I've checked out the visualtexture demo but it seems to be far more limited than Sabre. You can't animate the position/scale/rotation of the nodes, and you cant interract well with other Lightwave elements, like linking a parameter to distance/incidence to light, object, etc. Hopefully this is improved upon, however obviously the ultimate option would be that Newtek makes it's own fully integrated nodal editor :P

Chris S. (Fez)
02-09-2005, 11:37 PM
Great news for nodal surfacing fans everywhere! A little Lightwave birdie says "Nodal" development is still going strong...