PDA

View Full Version : Rain ripples on water

twister47
12-01-2004, 01:48 PM
I'm working on a logo animation set in a scene on a rainy lake. I've been working to add water ripples all over the surface of the lake to give the impression of rain drops hitting the surface.

I'm doing this by using bump displacement, with about 50 Underwater prodcedural textures.

I've gotten it to a point where they look pretty good. The only problem is that each ripple fires at the exact same time. So every second all 50 ripples shoot out and then stop, and then it repeats.

I want them to be all going randomally, each starting at different times, my only problem is, I cant seem to figure out how to do that with this texture. Is there a way to set the 'start' time, or offset of the Underwater procedural?

Nate

EDIT: I should note, since this is a repeating texture that I set it so that the wavelength was long enough so that once a ripple would reach where the falloff is, (so that it disappears) and a new one starts.

---ZENO---
12-03-2004, 07:39 AM
Hi Twister,

Check you more recent post of this question, as i think i have gave you a solution.

Cheers