PDA

View Full Version : Eye candy, mucking about...

starbase1
11-30-2004, 02:31 PM
OK, just mucking about but I rather liked the result. Two emitters with hyprvoxels attached. Gradient based on particle age for colour and size, orbiting a reflective sphere.

I used gradients on the sphere to make it lighter near the edge, and more reflective.

Really easy!

:D

Animation attached is done with DivX codec. (I've squashed it a bit more than I have for my own use, and lowered the resolution).

Nick

starbase1
11-30-2004, 02:43 PM
OK real problems uploading the ZIP here...

2 browsers tried and I get errors reported, so here's the link:

www.starbase1.co.uk/meteoric.zip

Just over 1 mb in size.

Nick

Leprechaun
11-30-2004, 04:49 PM
are there any good tutorials on how to do that. im a complete noob when it comes to particles and hypervoxels and such =]

starbase1
12-01-2004, 10:54 AM
are there any good tutorials on how to do that. im a complete noob when it comes to particles and hypervoxels and such =]

It's very straightforward - strat looking at the manuals, there are also a few good tutorials around. But for basic stuff, go to the SCENE tab, and try FX Browser. This will soon have you spraying paryicles, then apply hypervoxels to them.

Nick

Leprechaun
12-01-2004, 05:14 PM
wheres the scene tab?

Leprechaun
12-01-2004, 05:19 PM
nevermind i found the fx_browser in the utilities tab =]

starbase1
12-04-2004, 04:22 AM
With a fireball preset applied...

starbase1
12-04-2004, 04:24 AM
Blue comet thingy, with extra 'explode' on the particles to spray them out more...

I'll zip together the scene files shortly, for others to play with...

Cheers,
:D
Nick

starbase1
12-04-2004, 04:36 AM
OK, here are three scene files for you all to play with. I did not include the reflective sphere object in the middle, if you can't make a sphere you probably aren't ready for this yet!

:D :D :D

Nick

PS - The cometary and meteoric ones render pretty fast, but the fireball renders a lot slower, it really needs AA. You may notice that for the other two I have used wavefilterimage to soften extreme sharp edges as a faster alternative to AA. Stars are just a simple backdrop image, (not included).

Anyone know why hypervoxels seem to ignore adaptive AA in LW7.5?