PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial Explod Planet

pierre
11-30-2004, 10:01 AM
hello !!

it is the image of sample of a tutorial that I have prepared for you.

... In this case! the example is rather simple, with an acceptable result, during this Tutorial we are going to combine hypervoxel, procedural textures, particle systems, volumetric Lights and lens flares.

Animation (http://www.artde3.com/pierre/corto/explo.wmv) :D

http://www.artde3.com/tutoimag/a5.jpg

http://www.artde3.com/tutoimag/a8.jpg

Tutorial Explod Planet (http://www.artde3.com/pierre/explodingles.htm)

I hope that you like

Thanks

Hoopti
11-30-2004, 08:07 PM
Doing it now, thanks for sharing.

pierre
12-04-2004, 01:08 AM
I am glad that it helps you, this all not explained, but you can download the scene to see like this fact.
:)
Luck

adrian
12-04-2004, 08:02 AM
Thanks for sharing this tut. I don't mean to be rude in any way, but I found understanding what you were trying to say sometimes a little hard.

But as I can't speak a second language very well then I can't really criticise.

Adrian.

pierre
12-04-2004, 10:19 AM
hello Adrian!!

Thanks for the comment!!

I understand that it is not easy.
but if you do not understand the tutorial, I can explain to you.

Sorry but my English is very bad :D

Hoopti
12-04-2004, 12:45 PM
If you think your english is very bad you should see my french and spanish. The tut was a good starting point for me. I've used more HVs and toned down the ring a bit. I've also used c4 to create my exploding planet. I'll try to post a link so you can see what I've done when I get something presentable.

Hoop

pierre
12-04-2004, 03:32 PM
ha ha ha !!!!!

hello Hoopti !!!

I am glad much for you.
I have desire to see the results.
The C4 is very good for the explosion of the planet.
When you have it finished, I w
ant to see the result.
Luck. :D

adrian
12-05-2004, 12:37 AM
What's c4?

Yes, please post a link when you can!

We need more tuts like this!!

Adrian.

pierre
12-05-2004, 02:38 AM
Hello Adrian ..

c4 is plugin,s designed to break and to explode objects with volume. It is an excellent tool and free.

More information and download plugin's

http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~goetsch/C4/

luck

usbHead
12-09-2004, 07:21 AM
Hey!!! Pierre

it is a fantastic tutorial, would have to be in the tutorials of newtek. I have a question. Because it begins in frame -24?

adrian
12-11-2004, 11:48 AM
Can someone give me some hints on how to use this C4 thing? Right now I'm 2 seconds away from deleting it off my hard drive in total frustration.

Having tried to blow up a text object (I want it to blow away like dust) and getting errors I tried something really simple - a box.

The modeller part seemed to work fine; shattering the object and applying the surface. When in Layout however the whole object just shoots off screen in about 1 frame flat. The object doesn't explode, it just flies off the screen.

Needless to say I've played around with all the different options but it doesn't make any difference. Hoopti what settings did you use?

Adrian.

Hoopti
12-14-2004, 07:53 AM
What kinda help do you need on C4? You can send me an email at hoopti at adelphia dot com and I'll try to help in any way I can.

I promised my work, well here it is so far. I've still got some work to do on the ring, its not quite what I want, but I thought I would share where I am so far. Here's the link to the download. This is approximately a 9 meg download and is in .mov format.

www.bigdogvideos.com/movies/planetv3.mov

To see more of our work that we're allowed to show (most of what we've done to date has contractual limitations on what we can and cannot show), you can visit www.bigdogvideos.com/12701.html. I've included a couple of the version downloads of this as well. They're at the bottom of the page since this is still a work in progress animation.

Hoop

adrian
12-14-2004, 10:17 AM
Well having checked out your site, may I say what great work!!

As for help with C4 I will email you at the address you gave, but basically I need help in making it work!! This plugin just doesn't seem to do anything. I can't make my objects explode.

I don't suppose you could share you planet exploding scene could you? Then I could dissect it and see what's going on. Although I haven't viewed the movie yet (I can't view .mov files on my PC at work) it looks awesome.

Adrian.

Hoopti
12-14-2004, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the compliments.

Send me your email address and I'll work up a quickie to shoot to you so you can see how I do it.

Hoop

[EDIT: I've attached a very simple scene and object files along with a text file that I hope will help with the basics.]

adrian
12-15-2004, 03:00 AM
Thanks very much for your help. Unfortunately the scene file doesn't work though, and even following your instructions my objects only break into two pieces and always fly off the screen in 1 frame.

I'm not wasting any more time with this - it's obviously not doing what it's supposed to do. Maybe it doesn't like my version of LW, although I am using 7.5b which I thought it could run on. Oh well, never mind. :)

Are there any good third party (commercial or otherwise) exploding plugins out there? I've heard of Napalm but I also heard that this messes up LWs built in particle system.

BTW I checked out your exploding planet video. One thing that bothers me is that the pieces don't spin on their individual axis - they all move in exactly the same way. However I love the "exploding" textures to represent the fire/gas.

Adrian.

Hoopti
12-15-2004, 08:11 AM
Sorry, the scene was created using version 8.01. Should have mentioned that. Not sure why it's not loading though. It's just a bunch of pieces with a collision object that goes through them. I didn't bake the motions, so you'll have to hit calculate to make them go through it the right way. Probably should have done that before I zipped it up.

I can try to load it in 7.5d if that would help and repost.

As far as Napalm goes, we use that as well, but really only to generate particles in a different way than LW basically does. Dynamic Realities also sells Impact 3 which compliments Napalm and others in how it causes particles and objects to interact. I've never used it to blow an object apart though.

You can always check www.flay.com to see if there are other plugins available. I'm not aware of any.

As to the spin, we had the particles inherit spin as applicable from the collsion object but I guess I need to up that value a bit then, or put on a little "wind" vortex to make them spin a bit. Great idea and thanks for the crit.

Hoop

pierre
12-17-2004, 04:41 PM
hello Usbhead!!
thanks for your commentaries, the scene begins in frame -24 because tapeworm that to add more things and bothers to me to have to move all the keys again.:)

Hey Hoopti!!! good work!!!, already you have it finished? :D

Adrian!!
I hope that already you have obtained the explosion and that the accomplishment to be possible.

Luck

Hoopti
12-17-2004, 06:48 PM
Nah, not really. Still need to work on the ring effect, I just don't like it yet. Only downside is i'm using way too many particles for the effect, and the render times are horrible.

I'll post a link to the final final when it's done.

Hoop

adrian
12-17-2004, 07:38 PM
No I didn't so I went for another effect instead :)

Adrian.