PDA

View Full Version : FPrime Questions

homeboy0358
11-29-2004, 07:54 PM
Well first of all I would like to say I have lightwave 7 I am wondering if I should get 8. I looked at 8 and it seems like there is hardley anything that makes me wanna drop the money again. Like yeah it hs new features but is it realy worth it... I would like your guys imput on that. Well okay the Worley Laboratories website for the FPrime renderer says " The most noticeable limits are no shader or image plugin support, nor LightWave volumetrics, so these effects simply do not appear in FPrime. These limits currently include our own G2 and Sasquatch plugins. Other limits are LightWave glow and lens flares". So if you needed to use glowing objects and lens flares for your animations you would have to traditionaly render. Can you mix and match renderings like half Lightwave render and half FPrime's. Now I am still learning Lightwave but isn't Sasquatch a hair or grass program for lightwave. So all FPrime is really good for is replacing Viper. Because people will need to use glowing objects, sasquatch, and lens flares. Is this how it works could you guys explain it to me... I would oppriciate that.

mattclary
11-30-2004, 04:57 AM
I would hardly say that. I think these turned out pretty nice, and I didn't need any of those effects. If you do need an effect, you should be able to composite two pictures together to achieve it.

And even if it WAS just a replacement for Viper, it would still be worth every penny, just for speed and accuracy of surfacing.

Nigel Baker
11-30-2004, 06:36 AM
Hello there mattclary,
FPrime can be very usefull and well worth the money.
I can now do four simultanously renders with Radiosity Refraction, Reflection Shadows and Transparency all on and with good results within half an hour. I recently tried to render the exact smae image in LW and it had only done a fraction of ONE pass of Five within 12 Hours and I had to stopp the machine to move onto something else. At the end of the 12 hours I had nothing to show for it.

So this will let you know the power of FPrime.

See what others say too.