PDA

View Full Version : Scale procedural textures

Thomas M.
11-29-2004, 11:15 AM
Well, for my next job I have to create a giraffe. So far I noticed that the fur pattern is getting much smaller on the legs. The vein texture looks pretty good to resemble the fur pattern with some minor tweaks. BUT, how do I scale down the texture size on the legs? I'd love to do it with one procedural texture that blends seamlessly from the body towards the legs. Can I scale down the texture size with an effector? As I need to altlas map the textures retouching in Photoshop isn't possible. Any other solutions?

Didn't manage to use vertex color maps so far. On a medium dark basic color (surface tab) the white airbrush color only turns into something pretty dark. Any guess? Has it got something to do with this alpha stuff?

Thanks
Thomas

Dennik
11-29-2004, 05:06 PM
If you don't want to mess with UV mapping, a quick idea would be to make a initial fat leg, and morph it to the original size leg. The procedural that you apply will then deform to a smaller one once you morph the leg back to normal size.

Rory_L
11-30-2004, 12:54 AM
Didn't manage to use vertex color maps so far. On a medium dark basic color

Start with white for your base surface colour, then all the vertex colours will be true.

Cheers,

R

Thomas M.
11-30-2004, 02:36 AM
Thanks to the both of you!