PDA

View Full Version : Is this a vidCard problem?

GregMalick
11-28-2004, 11:46 PM
Attached is just about as simple an object possible with a morph that moves just one point. Poly count can't be an issue here - hehe ;)

If I vary the value using MorphMixer, the motion is smooth.
If I vary the Morph1 keyframe value in the Graph Editor, it seems choppy - it stutters.

Is this a vidCard problem or just the way Graph Editor responds.
BTW - I tried turning off openGL and there is no improvement.

If you think this is a vidCard problem - any nVidia suggestions would be appreciated given a $100 budget.

Hoopti
11-29-2004, 06:24 AM
Is this issue only in the viewport or does it translate to the animation as well when it's output or are both just as smooth when you do the output? You've got the latest drivers right (I know you do, just checking)? If the anim is fine then I would suspect it's a video card issue, although I'm not sure yet what it would be.

I have the same issue, although not with Nvidia with morphs, however, I've traced mine to polycount issues.

Hoop

GregMalick
11-29-2004, 07:44 AM
Is this issue only in the viewport or does it translate to the animation as well when it's output or are both just as smooth when you do the output? You've got the latest drivers right (I know you do, just checking)? If the anim is fine then I would suspect it's a video card issue, although I'm not sure yet what it would be.

I have the same issue, although not with Nvidia with morphs, however, I've traced mine to polycount issues.

Hoop

The issue is only in the viewport and I have the latest drivers.