PDA

View Full Version : Any VT people care to weigh inon this thread?

mattclary
04-10-2003, 06:12 AM
Thought y'all might like to see the tripe this turkey was posting.

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3045

"Hi MGuerra,

I read and reread your post, then I went to read up on Vt. All I can say is...Huh?

for less than the price of VT, FCP can cut film. all effects are real time without a 3rd party video card, ..What planet are you on? Shake vrs Aura?, pffft. price maybe, features no. It's closest competition is AE, and it's being cross platform ad the vast pool of AE talent in the real world makes Aura look like a toy.

I realize that your on the NewTek Marketing team and you have to bat for the home team, but really. The VT may have a fan base and an established niche but it's all smoke and mirrors.

Believe me I am a Film/Video/ CG professional, I've used most of the top video systems. I even learned how to edit on an old VT (back in the day). VT is fine for hobbyist PC gear monkeys and one trick ponies but, in the running, it is not.

Again, I'm not trying to needlessly slight your products or tout my platform pref. I'm just giving my educated observation.

To sum up my point, LW is a compelling broad reaching product, Aura and Vt are not.

Oh and what's the deal with the car?"

Jim Capillo
04-10-2003, 08:40 AM
I weighed in over there, but I just think he's just a failure who needed something to blame his failures on.

Why not the machine and Newtek ? :p :p

tmon
04-11-2003, 03:52 PM
I considered posting, but the whole thing was too convoluted.
What was the thread about? Apple vs. NewTek marketing at NAB? LW7.5 bugs? Aura vs. Shake? Didn't make any sense.

At some point, I would like to see a serious, straightforward thread assessing the competition's featuresets, etc., without degenerating into Mac vs. PC or some other boring argument. Such a thread would help us gain more on the competition, prioritize what features we might request, and finally, contribute to a superior product.

SBowie
04-11-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by taiji

I considered posting, but the whole thing was too convoluted.
What was the thread about? Apple vs. NewTek marketing at NAB? LW7.5 bugs? Aura vs. Shake? Didn't make any sense. That was my take ... though I took time to add a few words , I thought the case being made was kind of lame.

Originally posted by taiji

At some point, I would like to see a serious, straightforward thread assessing the competition's featuresets, etc., without degenerating into Mac vs. PC or some other boring argument. Such a thread would help us gain more on the competition, prioritize what features we might request, and finally, contribute to a superior product. Agreed. I celebrate cogent posts that lucidly suggest ways to improve. Posts that present provocative opinions in the guise of facts don't contribute much.