PDA

View Full Version : pixars latest film:-incredible!

cresshead
11-26-2004, 12:41 PM
like the subject line says...!
..just come back from seeing the incredibles..very cool film and slightly oddball short to kick off with about a ode to a sheep...

def a one for the dvd collection when it comes out...cool story, ace visuals [as per usual with pixar] and liveley character animation...so no dead animated corpses here buddy boy! :rolleyes:

i'd like to see pixar do a serious film in the future as they have the talent to pull it off where others struggle and lean on mo cap and half baked facial animation created with facial mo cap...that maybe cheaper but it doesn't really cut it for your main characters...

anyway..cool film and one that for me has pixar back on track at the top of their game in making films.

steve g

Mike Borjon
11-26-2004, 03:45 PM
Back on track?

Where did they go off track?

And now that Iíve seen it a second time, Iíve taken to it. Yea, that short at the beginning is a bit of an oddball film. I like it though.

Mike

theo
11-26-2004, 04:33 PM
The Incredibles was most definitely incredible. Beautiful film that is worth every penny and MAINLY becuase the story was engaging and funny, the CG was just the icing on the cake.

BUT that short anim at the beginning- Yuck!!! It did not work for me. The animation of course was superb but sheep DO NOT live in a desert. There has to be a least a hint of reality in a story to work for me.

The encroaching desert in Australia is one of the main factors why Australia is no longer the major wool producer it was at one time. Because sheep DIE in the desert. They have little time to tap dance and sing little tunes. :D

hrgiger
11-26-2004, 04:54 PM
The animation of course was superb but sheep DO NOT live in a desert. There has to be a least a hint of reality in a story to work for me.

You mean reality like in the incredibles? Yeah, I have several friends with freezing powers....

cresshead
11-26-2004, 05:18 PM
well, only my personal opinion but as good as finding nemo was..and it was
good...it felt a bit formulaic [spelling??] in the story
even though the visuals and acting were a treat to wonder at.

it's the only pixar film i'm yet to buy on dvd [nemo]...not sure why but i don't think there's that much re watch value i it for myself...maybe i'll pick it up
when it's out cheap..just for the collection's sake!..mind you..here's me moaning and i struggle to get a walkcycle done!....okay..i'll get it on dvd!

re the new film:
incredibles was manic and a rollercoaster of a ride..a real action packed
film with stunning sets and most of all a neat story to boot. it felt cool in it's 50's/60's style delivery and prop/set design a sort of
huge take on the bond films too..sort of picked up where we had a hint of a
world in what we saw with buzz lightyear of star command in the 2nd toy story film and so was nice to see they [pixar] did someting cool with that idea..they must have thought long and hard on how to expand into a super hero universe
sinilar to buzz lightyear's...

can't wait for the dvd to come out!....but will have to!!!

hrgiger
11-26-2004, 05:32 PM
I would say that the Incredibles is the best Pixar movie yet. I certainly was not disappointed by finding Nemo though. It had a lot of great characters and what stories aren't formuletic to an extent these days? William DeFoe and Bruce the shark were great and of course, the visuals were pretty stunning and for me, that was worth it in itself.

If I didn't own a dvd player already, I would buy one just so I could get the Incredibles when it came out. Was anyone else strangely attracted to Elasti-girl? Yeah, I thought I was alone on that. :)

theo
11-26-2004, 05:40 PM
You mean reality like in the incredibles? Yeah, I have several friends with freezing powers....

Weeellllll...OK......but a sheep in the desert? Logically, as soon as that little weiner was sheared his little butt would bave been burnt to a crisp in the hot desert sun.

As superhero there is some "logic"- if you are "super-strong" you better be able to stop a train cuz' if you can't your butt BETTER get out of my movie. And on and on.

As far as the freezing part I know that has some grounding in reality....when I was a wee boy in the midst of stepping into some trouble my mother had this incredible ability to freeze me in my tracks with just an icy glare. Brrrrrr!

Adendum- the elasti-girl weirdness.........Hmmmm, happily married to a babe here but yes elasti-girl has some strange powers other than elasticity that have been observed by my alter-ego.

Matt
11-26-2004, 05:58 PM
Tap, tap, errr, is this on? I mean, I can break through walls but I can't get this to ...

Just come back from seeing it! Absolutely loved it! The sets, characters, story everything! Simply wonderful, I agree, definately one for the DVD collection!

Was is just me or did anyone else find Mrs Incredible quite hot in that suit! :D (Hmmm, I need to get out more!!! LOL!)

Oh, and although nicely done I didn't like the short at the beginning either! Bit odd, but then it was going to be difficult to beat "The Birds".

hrgiger
11-26-2004, 06:00 PM
Weeellllll...OK......but a sheep in the desert?

Sure. Sheep in the desert.

hrgiger
11-26-2004, 06:01 PM
Was is just me or did anyone else find Mrs Incredible quite hot in that suit! :D (Hmmm, I need to get out more!!! LOL!)

Read my post above. ;)

Matt
11-26-2004, 06:01 PM
Giger, just read your post, glad I'm not the only one!!!

:D

hrgiger
11-26-2004, 09:00 PM
Here you go Matt. :D

Starlost
11-26-2004, 09:28 PM
Yea Elasti-Girl was a hottie no doubt. As for the film itself well Pixar has as usual come thru with brilliance. I just can't wait for them to break away from Disney and show us what they really can do.

Now thats worth waiting for. And yea Incredibles will be a pleasure to add to the DVD must buy list.

Render On!

Starlost...

Matt
11-27-2004, 07:25 AM
Giger! ;) Yeah I reckon it's those child bearing hips that do it! LOL!

Kuzey
11-27-2004, 08:53 AM
It's yet to screen here.....here being overseas not Melbourne ;)

Anyway, I have seen the making of on mtv and I can't wait...looks like the best film so far from any studio!!

ps. does this film have the pixar trademark...you know...the outakes at the end of the movie???

Kuzey

Matt
11-27-2004, 10:17 AM
we waiting right 'til the end, nothing, little disappointing that :(

Starlost
11-27-2004, 10:20 AM
Well if we're lucky that stuff will be on the DVD extras when it's released...

Render On!

Starlost...

hrgiger
11-27-2004, 10:23 AM
Yeah, I remember going to see Monsters INC when it came out and there were no outtakes but if I had waited a few more weeks, they started playing them.

cresshead
11-27-2004, 11:34 AM
re elasti girl...nice hips!...yup your not alone!....maybe they looked at what's "in vogue" with the likes of certain musical femeale entertainers currently and their size of rear butt....mind you i really liked the ultra thin female character as well....nice polys!

...geez...i need a vacation! :eek:

Kuzey
11-28-2004, 04:55 AM
Yeah, I remember going to see Monsters INC when it came out and there were no outtakes but if I had waited a few more weeks, they started playing them.

Ahhhh...well, I hope that's the case.

Thanks guys,

Kuzey

starbase1
11-29-2004, 05:29 AM
Loved the film - there are so many neat touches, like that faux Bond bits in the soundtrack. For all the great whizzy bits though, its the more subtle stuff that they really make work. There is something unutterably funny about depressed Mr Incredible sitting sadly in his little car...

Nick

hrgiger
11-29-2004, 07:49 PM
I just went and saw the incredibles again tonight. No outtakes tonight either.

I was noticing in here how bad Elasti-girls hair looks in the movie. Not the actual hair but the roots near her ears. It looks like doll hair or bad hair plugs. Sasquatch has that same problem sometimes that I've seen. It's nice to know that Pixar isn't completely perfect...

The movie however, was just as good, if not better the second time.

BTW, seen the trailer for cars? I'm not looking forward to that at all. I suppose the red staters will like it though.

Titus
11-29-2004, 08:37 PM
Ah, the outtakes. I live in a banana republic and we hadn't the luck to receive The Incredibles yet.

A friend who is animator at Pixar told me they just finished some animations for the DVD.

anieves
11-30-2004, 10:13 AM
I finally watched the film with my wife last friday after thanksgiving. We were blown away they exceeded my expectations. Beautiful movie. All the characters were well animated but Elastigirl IMO was the best animated one of the bunch, she just pops more, that scene when she gets caught between the doors... WOW.

Going back to see it again for sure.

Nemoid
11-30-2004, 03:16 PM
I'm just back from my second vision of The incredibles.

i really have to see that it's a good one ! i really appreciated the screenplay and dialogues wich are so funny and well constructed too. Story ccomes always first and this story works good.

then among chars i liked the stylist, edna . shes' a great character, full of charme and funny at the same time.

maybe there are minor probs , just like hr stressed about hair, but there's really no great time to notice them in a so rithmic movie.

anoter thing i noticed is how good the water was in this movie as well as other things like the vulcan island. ;)

cresshead
11-30-2004, 03:37 PM
it's not often i go see films more than once [titannic, aliens, t2, toystory..to name a select few that i have..]

but this film is def going to be seen again on the big screen..maybe in a week or so...

there's so much that there's to like about the film...characters , sets, lighting, fx and stunning story/dialogue/acting.

for me personally it's a few meters above shrek2 and that shark tale thing can wait till the next ice age..i was quite put off the film by the trailer for it, so i'll wait til the dvd come out to see that for the first time...maybe it will be very funny and cool but the trailer does nothing for me but put me off watching it..they just don't look "underwater"...too cartoony in the renderer also..may as well have been 2d...well enough of the current opposition to incredibles...

i'm so taken by "the incredibles" i bought the gamecube game today...actually it's not a bad game either!..only on level 3 though!

the animation and acting in this film is spot on...no bad moves got thru the quality gate or poor lipsync..

also setting the film in a late 50's,early 60's was a great move as it's one of my fav times for film stories to take place...all the bond films and the hitchcock era too.

lets hope the dvd, when it comes out has a good amount of bonus behind the scenes footage to gaup at! :eek:

anieves
12-01-2004, 09:27 AM
cresshead, I thought I was the only one that thought Sharktale didn't look like it was underwater, it looked like floating flying fish but what turned me off the most was the stupid black/white jokes in the trailer, i just thought the whole film was going to be like that... I'm sure it is beautifull and well animated it just wasn't engaging enough for me.

For me The incredibles are a few miles above Shrek2, Hell, Monsters Inc was a few miles above Shrek1 :D

starbase1
12-01-2004, 10:59 AM
cresshead, I thought I was the only one that thought Sharktale didn't look like it was underwater, it looked like floating flying fish but what turned me off the most was the stupid black/white jokes in the trailer, i just thought the whole film was going to be like that... I'm sure it is beautifull and well animated it just wasn't engaging enough for me.

For me The incredibles are a few miles above Shrek2, Hell, Monsters Inc was a few miles above Shrek1 :D

Yeah, Sharks Tale was very weak, weak story, did not use underwater stuff - big names over characterisation. Rastafarian Jellyfish were a cool visual gag, but the rest was very weak indeed.

Nick