PDA

View Full Version : Character in plane animation

noyce
11-26-2004, 12:15 AM
Hi, all

I fell i am missing something very obvious. I am creating an animation of a character in an aeroplane flying into a wall, upon impacting the character is going to jump out of the plane.

I have two seperate models (the character and the plane). How can i control key frames of the plane and the character follow?

Sorry if i am asking a stupid qquestion but deadline is drawing close and my mind has gone BLANK! :(

Cheers

kofot
11-26-2004, 01:40 AM
HI!

I am by no means an experienced Lightwave animator but could you not just create a null object and make that the parent of both the plane and the character?

noyce
11-26-2004, 02:18 AM
Thank you for the reply. I'm going to give it a try. Whats concerning me is that i want to control the character and the plane as one item up until he is thrown from the plane. I then need to control them both independantly.

I'll get back to you with how i get on and thanks once again : )

kofot
11-26-2004, 02:23 AM
You could animate the null object up to the point where the two should move together and from that point on you could animate the plane and the character separately (but not moving the null object)

Avebeno
11-27-2004, 09:42 AM
You can have both the plane and the character parented to a null, and create the keyframes for the null to control the plane for the duration of the shot.

Once you have keyframed the plane's motion with the Null, duplicate the Null and parent the character to this second Null which you can modify to move along a different path right before the crash.

noyce
11-27-2004, 10:24 AM
Thanks all. You helped me out enormously : )

Very much appreciated.