PDA

View Full Version : Rendering Problem

Rich Deustachio
11-24-2004, 07:57 PM
Tried to render a 2:30 min two camera project to rtv. It renders out then when I place it on the timeline there is only audio on half the clip, the second half shows a straight line and no audio can be heard. This used to work in VT3, problem started with VT4. I tried it 3 times same thing.

Ivan
11-24-2004, 11:47 PM
Try deleting the Newtek info folder for that file. You will need to go to Windows to do this but it sounds like you didn't allow the waveform to complete. This will cause the behavior you are seeing. When you reload the clip, wait till it's ready to play and you should be ok.

Ivan

Rich Deustachio
11-25-2004, 12:57 AM
Thanks for the suggestion but I tried that already. After 4 tries at rendering it to an rtv. with no success, I rendered it to a DV type2 file and have the audio all the way thru. I never had this problem with the VT3 so it isn't my hardware setup, it's the VT4.

Ivan
11-25-2004, 01:10 AM
What happens if you try to render just a WAV file?

Ivan

Rich Deustachio
11-25-2004, 09:53 AM
Didn't try that, I will see what happens with that. Thanks!

Jim Capillo
11-25-2004, 09:56 AM
Rich, has this been happening since you installed [4] ? If so, you might uninstall and do a complete regedit search to make sure there are no [3] files left behind.

Rich Deustachio
11-25-2004, 12:35 PM
Yes Jim, this is the first time I have tried doing a long form render with VT4. The job is a dance recital and there are three shows. The first two were edited and rendered with VT3 with no problems, the third with VT4 and with the rendering problem. I appreciate all of the suggestions and will try the reinstall, but this really shouldn't be happening and hope NewTek looks into this. I had a very stable VT3 system and now VT4 system with many bugs. At this point I am sorry I upgraded because I gained nothing by doing it. Most of the "new features" have bugs and now this new problem with the long form rendering.

Jim Capillo
11-25-2004, 02:01 PM
Yeah, I know the feeling. I changed builds in the middle of a project once and had to rebuild half of it.

Now, I only load new versions if I'm not in the middle of something.

RayLarson
11-28-2004, 03:07 PM
I, too, am having problems with long form render in VT4. There are others but I am opting to reload VT3 where I had a stable and money making system. I just tried to rended a 2 hr project to an .avi file and had nothing but trouble. I tried loading the project to DVD Workshop 2.0 se and that crashed. I have spent my entire holiday weekend fighting this VT4 so, I think it's back to VT3 for me.