PDA

View Full Version : path to motion - help

cvliv
11-24-2004, 08:40 AM
i am having problems using the path to motion feature. first off, there seems to be very little real information or instruction on how exactly to get a shape from modeler to become a motion path in layout. i have searched the online documentation with little luck.

i have searched the boards here and have come accross a few discussions about the feature, but none that seems to present the full picture.

when i invoke the path to motion export from modeler it results in no file whatsoever. does my geometry need to be in a special form (splines, polygons etc.) to be exported? and once it actually creates a file, how do i get it into layout and assign an object to the path (or vice versa).

help me please..... help me.

using the latest version of everything. - dual 2.5 g5, lots of ram, LW 8.1, osx 10.3.6

toby
11-24-2004, 10:57 AM
It needs to be a spline, when you export you have to put .mot at the end, then to import, select your object and do 'load motion'

cvliv
11-24-2004, 11:39 AM
thanks so much!

is there a way to convert a shape to a spline?

toby
11-24-2004, 09:48 PM
ah, I don't know an automatic way, just the manual way, select points on the object and press cntrl-p :^)