PDA

View Full Version : Spline Guide - modifiable rest positions

faulknermano
04-09-2003, 10:00 PM
Spline Guide will not allow me to define a set rest position. thus all geoemtry must be straightened first before being bent. it would be nice to have the rest positions modifable (just like bones) so that i can 're-bend' a bent geometry.

Mylenium
04-10-2003, 03:08 AM
Hi Lernie

Isn't "Set rest shape" good enough for you or what is the problem? Always works for me...

Mylenium

faulknermano
04-10-2003, 10:53 AM
set rest shape? where the heck is that? i dont get that over here. are you using 7.5c something? ;)

Mylenium
04-10-2003, 02:17 PM
Well, in Layut it is actually called SplineControl... I mean that - sorry if I caused any confusion. The magic button is actually on the property panel for the displacement plugin. Just pull your nodes into place, hit the button and suddenly everything will be as needed. Of course if you meant the Modeler tool there is quite obviously no such option but since you may use any BG curve there shouldn't be a problem either.

Mylenium

faulknermano
04-11-2003, 12:21 AM
oh okay, you were talking about SplineControl.

regarding the BG curve... that doesnt apply to the Spline Guide's rest position. the rest positions is still flat along one of the three axes so it's still a no-go. the BG options only allow the user to create a beforehand as to how to influence the Spline Guide, but it does not define the rest position. alas. :(