PDA

View Full Version : When 8.2?

Cman
11-23-2004, 08:45 PM
Sorry if I missed it in that massive thread.

hrgiger
11-23-2004, 09:00 PM
Sorry, you have to read it like everyone else.

No seriously, there is no release date, but look for it in the next 1-3 weeks I would guess. When the thread started, they said a couple of weeks but they also said it like it was a christmas present so you guess is as good as ours.

colkai
11-24-2004, 03:42 AM
To quote an oten used phrase by Chuck Baker ..
It'll be released when it's ready.

All seriousness aside, we don't know, they haven't given a definite date though as Hrgiger has mentioned, it was hinted it may be around Xmas. However, this is software development so nothing is set in stone. Except for the fact that I think Newtek just slapped a few people with a wet fish when they announced what would be in the update.
I hate to be the one to instigate a "what if" thread, but I wonder, is that all thats in the update? We will see when it comes out, but this is a very positive step and gets me all excited about what LW will be by the time 8.9 is done and dusted. :D

Chris S. (Fez)
11-24-2004, 04:54 AM
I am excited about the SDK stuff. It would be so sweet to see shaders in Fprime. Would sure bring G2 back from the dead! (actually i still use G2 all the time)

Exper
11-24-2004, 05:45 AM
I am excited about the SDK stuff.Me too! :)

Perter also announced a complete SDK re-work (for future)... too cool! :cool:

"This is the start of a general re-work of the SDK that will give developers the ability to provide better and more powerful plugins to the LightWave community."

TheDevil
11-24-2004, 06:25 AM
Me too! :)

Perter also announced a complete SDK re-work (for future)... too cool! :cool:

"This is the start of a general re-work of the SDK that will give developers the ability to provide better and more powerful plugins to the LightWave community."

Perter :D is doing a great job.

evenflcw
11-24-2004, 08:53 AM
I don't mean to be an ***, but it says "general", not "complete"! Although both are positive and exciting things, they mean something different in my dictionary and would require different amount of work.
Once the rumour grew that JetStreamFX would be included in LW (I guess people just assumed it would be bundled with the other FX pugins from dStorm), which I'm sure made some hopefull people dissapointed when they were told/discovered otherwise.

So when's it due? :)