PDA

View Full Version : The Joy of 2 Point Polys

WilliamVaughan
11-23-2004, 11:54 AM
here are two deos that show teh creation and use of 2 point poly chains.

First up we have teh creation of two point poly chains. There are other ways of creating them but I find these to be my favorite. Quick and Simple!

Model 2 Point Poly Chain (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/Tutorials/Vidz/2point_CD.mov)

Now is teh fun part. Here is an example of taking a 2 point polychain and using it to create electricity.

Create Electricity (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/Tutorials/Vidz/electric_CD.mov)

and here is a quick sample of what you can do withit. Give Sweaterman his static powers :)

hrgiger
11-23-2004, 12:36 PM
Wow, I never thoght to make a 2 point poly chain like that. Good tip.

koots
11-23-2004, 07:34 PM
That is really cool... any idea how to direct the to move and rap around a post or something where it would be important to control where the lightening was going... The answer is probably in that video but pointing me in the right direction would be very helpful!! Thanks

WilliamVaughan
11-23-2004, 07:44 PM
Since it's geometry you can add bones to it ....it works perfect!

hrgiger
11-23-2004, 08:02 PM
Another thing I remember seeing someone do with a 2 point lightening chain is attach each end to a bone so you can control where the end of the lightening is if you want to shock something.

koots
11-23-2004, 08:39 PM
Thanks guys! I will Give both of those Ideas a try...

jaredL
11-23-2004, 09:21 PM
Never thought that this simple tute can be so cool!

WilliamVaughan
11-23-2004, 10:45 PM
cool anim....can't wait to see what else comes from this!

nerdyguy227
11-24-2004, 10:51 AM
SUPERDEDUPERLY COOL :cool:

TNX

p.s. I think I am going to make my buddy icon with it

theo
11-24-2004, 07:37 PM
That is a FANTASTIC use of two point polys!!!!

Just ran across this post- that is what I call useful info..... now, time to explore.....

wikke
11-29-2004, 04:23 AM
I'm actually in the process of making a similar scene with lightning bolts in it, but i'm having some trouble.
Since it's going to end up on video, i need to use field rendering, and the glow filter does not seem to work properly when rendering fields. Is there any workaround to this problem?

Exper
11-30-2004, 04:39 AM
Since it's going to end up on video, i need to use field rendering, and the glow filter does not seem to work properly when rendering fields. Is there any workaround to this problem?Try using HV-Sprite mode on a copy of the object (only vertex needed... eventually refine the secondary object adding vertexes where needed), load it in Layout and set it to Unseen by Camera, then setup HV and render... it should work ok! ;)