PDA

View Full Version : Me AGAIN

nevmoor
11-23-2004, 11:42 AM
I am still having a problem with the templates crashing VT. I tried the Oops!! reset but it did not help. I am now the only person using the VT so I can change anything I need to in order to get it running smoothly. The CG crash is the last thing I need to fix.
Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Jim Capillo
11-23-2004, 12:12 PM
I am still having a problem with the templates crashing VT. I tried the Oops!! reset but it did not help. I am now the only person using the VT so I can change anything I need to in order to get it running smoothly. The CG crash is the last thing I need to fix.
Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Which version are you using and what are your machine specs? (Sorry if you posted them before)

Jim_C
11-23-2004, 12:54 PM
Have you accidently (or purposely) deleted any of the presets?

nevmoor
11-23-2004, 01:06 PM
I dont know if they have been erased. The VT was in another set up and I have recently taken custody of it until it's fate in the company is decided. I have no idea what may or may not have been deleted. I also dont have the exact specs of the machine. It was purchased from an authorized dealer as a VT3 live PEG package. It has a SCSI array (147X4) I think. It was purchased less than 6 months ago. so the PC running it is pretty up to date

Jim_C
11-23-2004, 01:15 PM
From VTNT boards

"we discovered, and reported, a (possibly) hitherto unknown bug in
4909's CG (possibly) related to this a few weeks ago. each template
has an associated .png and .cg (a pair of files). if either or both
is missing, despite the fact that the template picon still appears in
the vertical 'ladder', then selecting that template (clicking on its
picon) will lead to a 'freeze' requiring shutdown/re-start of the
VT[3] or reboot of the PC. makes me wonder if somehow your .cg/.png
'template pairs' got scrambled in your project."

If you go to your directory where The VT stores its CG;s
C:\VT3\Skins\CG\Template.cg.Pages

Check and see if each cg file has a corresponding .png

nevmoor
11-23-2004, 01:54 PM
Thanks!! I'm going to check that now.
If this is the problem though, how do I fix it??

Jim_C
11-23-2004, 02:13 PM
You could delete the one that is missing a segment if you don't think you will ever need it, or I actually have all the cg files stored in a zip on my web site, but I can not rememeber the address right now.

If you find a missing one, let me know I will send you the link when I get home in about 2 hours.

nevmoor
11-23-2004, 02:24 PM
OKAY!!
I found out that 97 and 101 arent there. But I think tose were created by someone here.
Do I have to re-install everything to get those back??
I didnt install this so I dont think there is a DVD backup of the original settings or any thing to refer to.

Jim_C
11-23-2004, 02:36 PM
Heres 97.
I do not have a 101 in my folder so you can delete that one.
Mine only goes to 100.

nevmoor
11-23-2004, 02:47 PM
Thanks putting it in now.
If this doesnt work is it possible to send me the whole folder??

nevmoor
11-23-2004, 02:52 PM
Still get tha runtime error
I guess a re-install is in order but I am SCARED I may mess something else up.
what steps do I need to take to make sure I dont loose ANY info?? Again this VT came out of another setup that may need it back with all files intact.

bradl
11-23-2004, 08:18 PM
Because deleting something is so easy not to mention crashes that might hose a file, I have always copied the entire VT folder to another driver or even DVD so I can recover a file, template, dve, etc. easily without having to do a complete re-install.

nevmoor
11-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the advice. :o .Unfortunately as I said before, I wasn't the one who did the install, so I don't have a back up of the VT folder available. Jim C, did you find that link?? I would greatly appreciate that info if it is available!

BTW
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!

Jim_C
11-25-2004, 09:37 AM
Yea, I can get the link for the CG backup if that is the route you are going.

If you are going to do a complete reinstall, after you install the main program from your CD but BEFORE you install the latest 4909 US2 patch, backup up your Aura and LW content folders. Besides that reinstall is a breeze.

I have those and the cg zipped, but I have to upload them to my web page.
I am running late for the feast so I can get it up there later this evening.

Jim