PDA

View Full Version : .tga files acting weird

RayLarson
11-23-2004, 06:22 AM
I am working on a project in T4 and I droppd some .tga titles into the file bin. When I pulled them to the timeline they appeared as short clips (3 frames) instead of 5 sec stills as my preference defaults are set.

Anyone else having this sort of issue??

Scott Bates
11-23-2004, 08:13 AM
Use PNGs Ray. They've apparently re-programed VT--Edit so sequentially numbered TGAs will be loaded as a sequence of frames rather than stills with lengths set by the prefs setting (makes the LW animators happy). There was a lengthy discussion about this on the VTNT mail list in the past week or so.

RayLarson
11-23-2004, 08:23 AM
Thanks Scott. Unfortunately doing that would require an extra step. I can live with it, I suppose. I do a lot of still titles in TitleDeko and it saves as .tga's

Guess it's another thing I need to learn to live with... :(

mgrusin
11-23-2004, 12:26 PM
Have you tried out the Toolshed item which makes clips their original length? I don't know what it does to stills, but I would hope it would check the setting in prefs...

-MG.

Jim_C
11-23-2004, 12:52 PM
I 'think' if the name of the tga does not have a number in it, it will not be treated as a video clip.

Even if it is one still but has a number in the name, VT_Edit thinks it is a sequence or part of one.

Does the title have a number in it Ray?

RayLarson
11-23-2004, 01:21 PM
Actually there is a number in it.....I will rename it tonight and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up, that may be the solution. I will just have to start using letters to distinguish the titles.

Thanks, in advance :o

Jim_C
11-23-2004, 01:30 PM
You can still use numbers if there is a letter or character hooked to it.

ie

Filename_001a or
Filename_001_ or even
Filename_a001

or if you are using a program that autoassigns numbers remove the _ completely,
Filename001
then the program can continue autonaming but VTEdit won't think it is for a sequence.

RayLarson
11-23-2004, 02:06 PM
My filenames were A1 S1...A1 S2 and I got :03 frame stills instead of 5 sec as noted in prefs.

Jim_C
11-23-2004, 02:11 PM
My naming examples may be off, but fiddling with the name should stop the sequence load.
This was yacked about on VTNT recently and this was a tip from Andrew.

RayLarson
11-23-2004, 06:07 PM
I took out any numbers in the name and everything went back to normal. Just another thing I need to live with.