PDA

View Full Version : Finished Character

jasonwestmas
11-22-2004, 12:17 PM
Hi, Here's a character I just finished using LW subpatches and Zbrush2 for the texturing. It also has a 16bpc tiff bump map on it which seems to help a lot. The character only has one 4096 texture on it which seems to be fine for a medium or full shot. Also, the model's UV are symmetrical. What do you think? :)

meatycheesyboy
11-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Nice character and nice texture. I'm not too keen on the monochromatic nature of the texture though. I think it could do with a little more color variation, as it is now, some of the body parts get lost to me (like the definition of the foot in the back view). Nothing too drastic just maybe some yellows or oranges here and there.

But all in all, I really like the model and texture.

pixeltek
11-22-2004, 02:18 PM
I concur. Two things: 1. Cute character with potential that will be greatly enhanced with added texture differentiation and further refinement. 2. I find it interesting that you used Z-Brush as a "substitute" maybe, for programs like Maxxon's Bodypaint, or Right Hemi's Deep Paint 3D.

Karl

jasonwestmas
11-22-2004, 02:49 PM
Yeah, I probably need to add more warm hughes in there so that he's not that particular kind of blue everywhere. There is a merky purple for the shadows and light green for the light condition in there but it's probably not bold enough as you guys have pointed out.

I use Zbrush cause it just speeds things up for me and for many other artistic preferances. Mainly it is really good for painting out seams. I prefer to unwrap the character manually in LW though. I'm not into tile texturing like some people prefer who use ZB. ZB can also enable me to make a displacement map and normal map for for him when I get board and want to experiment more with his texturing! :)

Thanks guys!!

Rory_L
11-23-2004, 09:49 PM
Nice model, but I do agree with everyone else about the colouring. Now you mention it I can discern the murky purple, but only because you pointed it out ;)

I`ve said it before here somewhere: I think Z-Brush is one of the best LW `plugins` there is! :D It`s comparable in price to some of those Worley tools and is even more feature rich. Christmas is coming, Hohoho!

Cheers,

R

jasonwestmas
11-27-2004, 08:36 PM
I added some green highlights. Seems to compliment the purple/blue pretty well.
Is it working?