PDA

View Full Version : Having an image map be same on back of box??

rosferatu
11-22-2004, 08:30 AM
Hi all,
Considering you have never failed to try and help me out. And sometimes this newbie even works it out himself. But not today it seems...
I have a logo (that is a jpg) on the front of a VERY flat box. The image is auto sized and looks lovely. When I spin it around the mirror image of the image shows as I guess it should. But I want to get the image to be the same as on the front of the box.
Any suggestions here?
thanks again to everyone who has helped me in the past.
Be great wavers!!!
-Ross

Lightwolf
11-22-2004, 08:47 AM
Assign a different surface to the back of the box, and assign the image to that with a heading angle of 180...

Cheers,
Mike

rosferatu
11-22-2004, 11:36 AM
Hi there,
Thanks for answering me, have read lots of your posts in relation to other questions in the past and feel quite honored, thanks mate!!!!!!!
The solution worked like a dream. I love feeling like my lightwave knowledge is creeping forward. thanks again!!!!
I have a potential client who has sent me a DXF made in C4D 6 that is basically just text that they want me to do "something cool" with but I cant seem to open the darn thing. Do you have any suggestions????
thanks again,
-Ross

Lightwolf
11-22-2004, 12:17 PM
Hi there,
Thanks for answering me, have read lots of your posts in relation to other questions
in the past and feel quite honored, thanks mate!!!!!!!
:eek: Oh my .. *blush* man, relax... I just try to answer any open question I run across ... and it seems to help sometimes ;)
After all, I learn from the community as well, so I gotta give some back...

I have a potential client who has sent me a DXF made in C4D 6 that is basically just text that they want me to do "something cool" with but I cant seem to open the darn thing. Do you have any suggestions????

I guess you've tried in modeler? The DXF import isn't up to snuff. You might want to try http://www.dstorm.co.jp/english/plugin/object.htm#DXFImport , that's the only thing I can think of at the moment.

Cheers,
Mike